Arrived back

We have planned to walk where the carriage was, but my mother's maid arrived at our location. It was strange. How did she know our location? " Master Ethan! What happened? Madam will be angry " She scolded me.

"Yeah a lot happened but I don't want to talk now " I said

"Master, I don't want to face your mother " Seraphina was scared shitless seeing me.

"I am hurt serphie. You should be concerned about my wellbeing " I replied

"If Lady Lucia heard what happened to you, then she would destroy the whole town and lock you up in your own room for a year " Seraphina explained the grim details

"And kill you " My mother's maid pointed at seraphina.

"Eek" Seraphina replied with ghastly expression.

Please not now. Don't beat the dead cat.

I have tried to walk on my own, but chole insisted on carrying me inside the carriage despite the short distance.

"Yeah, but where are you, when I need you the most " I asked her being bit annoyed.

"I couldn't forgive myself if I something happened to you, but I was stopped by a man named no 10. He was quite persistent " Chole said she bit her teeth and was frustrated, her voice bit sad and frustrated. If I push her, she might cry.

"Chole was very angry and brutally murdered him in cold blood, and Kimora was stopped by mage " Charlie explained.

"Pesky humans! Even when I am not killing them, they paint me as bad guy. He was desparate to kill me " Kimora explained while trying hard to be composed

"I am human too, kimora " I objected while looking at her eyes

"You are different, you are my Darling~ " she said, blushing and holding both her hands to her cheeks. She seemed cute, like a shy wife on the first night.

The wagon continued along the uneven road, what is the king or authority doing here, not fixing the roads. However, my thoughts was short-lived. Up ahead, a group of magic knights had set up a checkpoint with their imposing figures standing guard.

"We're being stopped," Charlie muttered as he scanned the area

Yeah, I know

"Great, just what we need," Chloe said, her tongue clicking.

My words, exactly

The knights were inspecting travelers with on high alert after the recent destruction in the town. One of the knights raised a hand, signaling us to stop.

"State your business," the knight asked, while gazing at us

Killing, murdering people who are annoying, as I glared silently at him while resting.

Before I could respond, a figure familiar to me stepped forward from the group of knights. It was Flare, the examiner from the second test in the mage exam I had passed a week earlier. She had a commanding presence, her fiery red hair and sharp eyes making her easily recognizable.

But She was also an augmenter and simple minded.

"Calm down, gentlemen," Flare said, her voice with a strange and out-of-character authoritative tone "These are my friends. I trust them."

The knights immediately stepped back, their behavior changing instantly. Flare approached our wagon with a smile on her face. "Ethan," she said, nodding to me. "Good to see you again."

I nodded back, I said in a tired tone. "Flare, thank you."

She leaned in slightly, lowering her voice so only I could hear. "Meet me at our usual place," she whispered as she winked before stepping back.