Finishing the Naix members

I was very angry, So angry that I wanted to kill all of them; the dark energy within me surging, out of control. "No I don't think so!" I whispered with a cold tone while my mana is leaking out of the body.

"Rip and TEAR!" I screamed

And then, with a sudden burst of energy, I let loose a wave of dark magic. The force in and of itself threw the cult members back. The alleyway filled with a swirling vortex of shadows, the air sucking them inside.

"[Shadow hole]" I chanted the dark magic spell. The hole sucked 3 of their members. They tried to disarm me next. Strange!

"You! You will pay" The Naix members tried to regroup, but I didn't spare a glance of mercy

"[Black worms] " I chanted as the weaker version of worms have spread out and

The worms spread rapidly, attacking the cult members. They tried desperately to resist, but the worms clung to their bodies, biting and tearing at their flesh. The more energy the worms sucked, the more they multiplied. My anger and frustration fueled each attack.

Why was I angry? It was just my bad day. And I want to destroy this cult, there is not much explanation for me angry. The dark is also tempting me to destroy.

Maybe I am having mage blight

One by one, the members of the cult fell, I can hear their scream very well as they got pierced. The dark magic coursed through me—its power was intoxicating and terrible.

"Please, let me go," I heared a little girl's voice pleading , her voice small and scared.

The man had only tightened his grip, a cruel smile spreading across his face. "Quiet, little oracle. You're coming with us."

I glanced over at Marina, Staring at the man. The man holding her had loosened his grip, when I attacked him using[Shadow chains] and she'd managed to squirm out of his grasp. She watched me with wide eyes, a mix of fear and admiration on her face as I chocked him to death with chains.

I heard the sound of footsteps. Three more cult members appeared, their eyes burning with murderous intent. They raised their weapons, ready to kill me and take Marina and any other children they could find.

I raised my hand and created a [Shadow bomb] emitting dark matter, I held Marina close to me and threw it near them and the bomb exploded it ripping their meat apart from their body and leaving their skulls and bones in the floor.

I didn't feel any guilt, I feel like killing ants, what is reality? Is mage blight really this dangerous? Or it is me?

Mage blight is something mages experience when they are highly emotional or their mana reacts differently than normal.

My cheeks are burning, I feel hungry and unsatisfied.

"Onii-Chan, Scary " Marina whispered as trembled in fear as she stood within my arms.

I hugged her while patting with my other hand " It's going to be okay, I won't hurt you. I love you " I replied to her.

She seemed slightly relaxed but still fearful but yet she replied " I love o-onii-chan too. Please don't hurt me....I will be a good girl. I promise "

"Stay near me, and don't let them kidnap you. " I replied with confidence as I realized that there are lot of mana signatures in this city.

If I left Marina's sight now, She will be gone for good. I just know Marina will suffer a fate worse than death, if I leave her know...And.....I stood near her.

Suddenly two blades launched at my direction, they were quick, but I deflected them with my shadow chain.

A man approached from the back side where the blades arrived, he was wielding a gleaming lance, with a chilling aura of ice surrounding him. His eyes locked onto me and Marina, and a cruel smile spread across his face.