The queen

Ethan, gathered Seraphina, and went inside the private chamber of his mother. It was cool, sunlit, and filled with the sounds of the ocean.

Behind a shimmering kelp curtain, there was hidden shrine.

It wasn't dedicated to any god or goddess, but to Ethan himself. Childhood drawings, well-loved toys, even locks of hair from different ages filled every inch of the space.

"My mother really loved me " Ethan said as he felt desired by opposite sex. But getting a mother who really loved you is difficult according to Ethan.

"I wouldn't really call it love, my lord " Seraphina whispered in his ear as she caught Ethan's old toothbrush, displayed in a crystal box on a velvet cushion like a precious gem. A chill ran down her spine – the shrine is carefully arranged showing the Queen's intense love for her son.

Seraphina felt like horrified and is now getting creeps in the room. She felt closer to death, and is getting creeps. She wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"This is... a lot, to digest" she whispered, her voice barely audible. "We should find your mother. She doesn't seem to be here."

Ethan nodded, . "You're right, sera. Let's–"

"But I am here, my darling son."

His words were cut short by a sudden chill in the air. A shadow fell across them, and a voice – smooth as sea silk, yet bone-chilling in its intensity – echoed inside the chamber.

Queen Lucia emerged from behind the kelp curtain, with a smile, more predatory than welcoming, twisted her lips.

Ethan turned to his mother with a joyous cry just like a kid after seeing his mother. "Mother! You're here!"

Queen Lucia's smile softened, but only slightly. ""Indeed I am, my sweet boy. But you shouldn't enter a girl's room uninvited. Especially her sanctum filled her dreams You are of my blood, should always behave decently. " she added, pinching his cheek playfully but with a hidden malicious intent that only Seraphina could see in the Queen's twitching eye

Ethan, shuffled his feet and said while raising his hands "I apologize, Mother. I didn't mean to intrude. It was my fault for bringing Sera here. Please, punish me instead," he pleaded with a pout, his voice thick with childish remorse with little watery eyes

He bowed his head, offering his cheek for a slap, in a way even making Gandhi proud in his nonviolent.

Queen Lucia chuckled, a low, throaty sound that sent chills down Seraphina's spine.

She reached out to strike, but ended up caress his face. "There's no need for that, my darling boy. I understand your childish curiosity. But this... creature,"

she gestured towards Seraphina with disdain, "must learn her place."

Seraphina, her heart pounding in her chest, attempted to leave the room silently.

"Oh! You will not leave so easily," she said in a soft chilling. "You have trespassed in my room, and you will pay the price." She said while using her hand to stop her movement

Lucia gave strict orders for servants to not to enter her room uninvited.

With a swift motion, she forced Seraphina to her knees. The Queen's eyes burned with a terrifying malicious intent as she commanded, "Lick my shoes, girl. Show your queen the respect she deserves."

Ethan, stepped forward, his fingers brushing against his mother's cheek in in a gentle caressing way, trying to soften her " Mama, please be Calm. Cam. Cam " He repeated those words with his voice that rang through Lucia's ears