16- Flashbacks

(I didn't proofread, ignore the possible mistakes)

"Taehyung, care to tell me where you dropped your wits, I would like to pick them for you and love to punch them into your skull.." He slammed his palms on the table. His small frame was filled with wrath and his nostrils flared with indignation.

"What's your problem Jimin, come to the point." His eyes never left the iPad screen, he probably was sketching something the way he glided the pen over the glass surface. His baritone was calmer than ever, just like the stilled ocean hiding unseen storms in its depth.

"I just have one question if Your Highness likes to answer candidly." Jimin came around the table and supported his weight on its edge near Taehyung.

"I'm talking to you, not the walls." He almost shouted.

"I'm listening." The serenity was intact.

"Why this freaking marriage when you can make him understand and send him overseas using other methods. This is ludicrous, so unlikely of you, Tae." Jimin inquired with a hint of doubt in his manner. As if he knew there was something more to it. Something more significant.

"he must realize I'm unavailable."

"And if you're going to marry, it can wait for Koo to leave for the States first, then you marry or die, whatever."

"I want him to witness my marriage with his own eyes, in this way, there wouldn't be any chance left for him but to move on from me."

"Urghhh...don't you think it is too harsh, what if it's not just his mere infatuation, what if he is deeply into you just like you." Jimin dropped his card deliberately.

"When the fuck I'm into him," Taehyung growled, raising his eyebrow. He precisely put the iPad aside and lowered his hands to hide them under the table.

"Should I count the years, you believe we don't have an idea, Dear my Taehyungie, you might hide the tree you've nourished in your heart from your parents but not from us." Jimin's hands reached under the table and he wrapped his warm palms around Taehyung's shivering cold ones.

"My rejection would work as the tough but best motivation for Koo. You know how he is. He never backs off especially when it comes to me. He has been uncompromising since the beginning. You know what I'm implying. I know I'm being absurd but I had plans I can't share yet." The walls melt around Taehyung a bit.

"So you accept that you are into Koo, differently." Jimin tried to get the confession out of his friend, using his charismatic sweet voice.

"I'm not, understand. Now as your questions are answered, the exit is there. " Taehyung pulled his hands out from the warm heat and signaled towards the door, building the barriers back around him.

Jimin pouted and before stepping back, he hit Taehyung's arm and then ran away when the victim snagged a paperweight and directed it toward him.

Taehyung drew the sketches for some more minutes and rested his back against the chair and closed his eyes. The lid of the memory box opened in his mind and a treasured memory crept out slowly and enfolded in front of his vision.

"Eomma, I'm so excited. Can I take my mini camera with me, please. I will capture the lake for Koo, appa, and you." TaeTae was in Seventh grade at the age of ten, three years ahead of his age, as a result of his extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

"Yes you can and don't wander around there alone, always take your teacher with you, Eomma will ask Ms.Foley if you are well-behaved or not."

"oh come on Eomma, you know that I'm your obedient son, not bratty like Koo. I'll will miss you eomma.." TaeTae hugged his mother. They were in the kitchen having this conversation. Mrs. Kim was cutting veggies while TaeTae was doing most of the talks like how he was so pumped to go on his school trip to Paldang Lake.