50 - home is where you are.💗

ship: shoto todoroki + eijiro kirishima.

DISCLAIMER - THEY ARE MARRIED IN THIS UNIVERSE :)

The clock on the kitchen wall ticked softly, its hands approaching 8:40 PM. The aroma of a hearty stew filled the cosy apartment, mingling with the soft hum of a familiar melody playing in the background. Eijiro Kirishima stood at the stove, carefully stirring the pot, the warmth of the kitchen a stark contrast to the cool evening outside.

Kirishima glanced at the clock, a small smile tugging at his lips. Shoto Todoroki would be home soon. He knew his husband had had a stressful day on a mission, and he wanted to make sure everything was perfect for when Shoto walked through the door.

As if on cue, the sound of keys jingling and the front door opening echoed through the apartment. Kirishima's heart skipped a beat, his smile widening as he heard Shoto's familiar footsteps. He kept his focus on the stew, not wanting to spoil the surprise he had planned.

The footsteps grew closer, and soon, Kirishima felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his waist from behind. A soft sigh escaped Shoto's lips as he rested his chin on Kirishima's shoulder, closing his eyes and breathing in the comforting scent of home.

"Hey, Shoto," Kirishima said softly, leaning back into the embrace. "I missed you."

Shoto tightened his hold, his lips brushing against Kirishima's ear. "I missed you too, Ei. It's been a long day."

Kirishima turned his head slightly, pressing a gentle kiss to Shoto's cheek. "I figured you'd be hungry, so I made us some stew. It'll be ready in a few minutes."

Shoto smiled, the tension from his day starting to melt away in the warmth of Kirishima's presence. "You always know how to make everything better."

Kirishima chuckled, reaching up to rest a hand on Shoto's cheek. "That's what husbands are for, right? Now, why don't you go sit down and relax? I'll bring the food over in a bit."

Reluctantly, Shoto released his hold, giving Kirishima one last squeeze on his waist before stepping back. He made his way to the living room, collapsing onto the couch with a contented sigh. The familiar comfort of their home, combined with Kirishima's loving care, was exactly what he needed.

A few minutes later, Kirishima entered the living room, carrying a tray with two steaming bowls of stew. He set it down on the coffee table, handing one bowl to Shoto before sitting down beside him. They ate in comfortable silence, the simple act of sharing a meal together bringing a sense of peace and normalcy.

As they finished their dinner, Kirishima leaned back, resting his head on Shoto's shoulder. "Feeling any better?"

Shoto nodded, wrapping an arm around Kirishima and pulling him close. "Much better. Thank you, Eijiro. For everything."

Kirishima smiled, nuzzling closer. "Anytime, Shoto. I'm just glad you're okay now."

They sat like that for a while, savouring the quiet moments of togetherness. The world outside could be chaotic and demanding, but within the walls of their home, they found solace in each other's arms. No matter how stressful the day had been, they knew that as long as they had each other, they could face anything.

As the night grew darker, they eventually made their way to bed, their fingers intertwined and hearts beating in sync. Shoto fell asleep with a sense of contentment, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he had a loving husband to come home to. And Kirishima drifted off with a smile, feeling the warmth of Shoto's presence beside him, their love a constant source of strength and comfort.

In the quiet of the night, they held each other close, knowing that no matter how tough the day had been, they were each other's safe haven, a reminder that home was not just a place, but a person.