Chapter 42

Soon they reached the palace, Jungkook took her to her room, made her sit on the bed, and got her a lollipop. "Eat this," he said.

Y/N's face brightened, and she took it. "Thank you," she smiled.

Jungkook smiled back and tried to leave, but Y/N held his hand. "Please don't leave. I'm scared. Stay here for a few minutes."

Jungkook nodded. "Wait, I'll get you some food," he said and left the room.

Y/N waited for him. He soon returned with a food tray, gave her the food, and told her to eat.

But he noticed a scar on Y/N's hand. He turned her hand over and asked worriedly, "What happened? How did this scar appear on your hand?"

"Nothing, Kookie, just a small scar," Y/N said.

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Kookie?"

Y/N got nervous. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I'm sorry," she said, lowering her head.

Jungkook tilted her head up to make her face him. "Look, Y/N, always keep your head up when you speak with me. I don't like it when you lower your head."

Y/N nodded, and Jungkook continued, "I love that nickname. Call me Kookie."

Y/N giggled, and then Jungkook took the food from her, scooped a spoonful from the bowl, and started feeding her. Y/N felt very shy.

--

In Hell, Taehyung's rage was palpable. He stormed through his palace, smashing goblets, overturning furniture, and leaving marks on the walls.

The inferno inside him burned hotter than the flames of Hell itself.

Namjoon approached cautiously, sensing the volatility of Taehyung's mood. "My Lord, you need to calm down," he urged softly. "This anger won’t solve anything."

Taehyung spun around, eyes blazing. "Calm down? How can I calm down when she chose him over me? I finally got my memories back, and she still refuses to come with me!"

Namjoon sighed. "She’s confused and hurt. She doesn’t know the whole truth."

Taehyung slumped onto his throne, his anger giving way to frustration and sorrow. "But how do I make her understand? How do I prove to her that I never betrayed her?"

Namjoon thought for a moment. "We need to figure out what’s causing this misunderstanding. There must be something or someone feeding her lies."

Taehyung looked up, a spark of determination in his eyes. "And how do we find that out?"

Namjoon smiled slightly. "We’ll need to investigate. We have to find out what’s being said to her and by whom. Only then can we clear up this mess."

Taehyung nodded, trying to reign in his emotions. "You’re right. I need to be calm and strategic about this. For her sake."

Namjoon placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "We’ll get through this, my Lord. We’ll bring her back and find out who’s behind these lies."

With a newfound resolve, Taehyung took a deep breath. "Do whatever it takes, Namjoon. I can’t lose her."

Namjoon nodded and left the throne room, ready to set his plan in motion.

Taehyung watched him go, a flicker of hope igniting within him.

He would get Y/N back and uncover the truth, no matter what.