Chapter 13

In the midst of a serious meeting, Taehyung sat upon his throne, listening intently to the gods while casually sipping on his wine.a

Jimin, also present, sat quietly beside him.

Meanwhile, Y/N had finished her tasks and was on her way to Taehyung's room.

Suddenly, a terrifying beast began chasing her, causing her to run in panic.

Desperately seeking refuge, she stumbled into the room where Taehyung's meeting was being held.

The beast followed her inside, and in her fear, Y/N rushed towards Taehyung, hugging to him like a koala, seeking safety in his embrace.

Confusion swept over Taehyung as he saw the beast advancing towards Y/N.

Reacting swiftly, he drew his sword and attacked the creature, ensuring Y/N's safety.

Y/N sobbed uncontrollably while holding onto Taehyung, her distress evident to everyone present.

They watched in astonishment as the fearsome Lord, known for his intimidating presence, held the girl protectively.

Jimin, consumed by jealousy, simmered silently nearby.

Taehyung gently stroked Y/N's hair, comforting her and reassuring her not to cry.

As Taehyung continued to comfort
Y/N, his gaze hardened as he assessed the beast now lying defeated at his feet.

His sword still in hand, he gestured for his guards to remove the creature from the room.

The gods, witnessing this unexpected display of protectiveness from their king, exchanged glances filled with curiosity and respect.

They knew Taehyung as a formidable ruler, but seeing this vulnerable side was a revelation.

Jimin, unable to contain his frustration and jealousy, clenched his fists.

He watched Taehyung and Y/N closely, feeling a mix of admiration for Taehyung's strength and resentment towards Y/N's presence.

Taehyung finally managed to calm Y/N down, guiding her to sit beside him.

He handed her a handkerchief to dry her tears, his demeanor gentle yet commanding.

"Are you hurt?" Taehyung asked softly, his concern evident in his eyes.

Y/N shook her head, still trembling from the ordeal. "No, I'm okay now. Thank you, Ajushii," she whispered gratefully.

Taehyung nodded, his expression softening as he continued to reassure her. "You're safe now. Always remember, I'll protect you."

The gods finished their discussions, and as they left the room, whispers of Taehyung's unexpected actions echoed in the halls of the palace.

Jimin remained behind, observing silently, his thoughts swirling with conflicting emotions.

After the room cleared, Taehyung turned to Jimin, his voice firm.

"Make sure this kind of incident doesn't happen again. The palace security needs to be tightened."

Jimin nodded tersely, his gaze flickering briefly towards Y/N before he left the room, his heart heavy with jealousy and unresolved feelings.

Taehyung sighed softly, his attention returning to Y/N. "Let's get you back to your quarters," he said gently, offering his arm for her to lean on as they walked out together, leaving behind a room filled with lingering tension and unspoken truths.

As they walked through the corridors, Taehyung kept a protective arm around Y/N, ensuring her safety.

They passed by servants and guards who whispered among themselves, their curiosity piqued by the unusual sight of their fearsome king showing such tenderness towards a young woman.

Y/N, still shaken from the encounter with the beast, leaned slightly into Taehyung's reassuring presence.

She glanced up at him, her eyes reflecting gratitude mixed with lingering fear.

"Thank you, Ajushii," she murmured again, her voice soft but sincere.

Taehyung nodded, his expression remaining serious yet gentle.

"You don't need to thank me," he replied quietly. "It's my duty to protect everyone in this palace."

They reached Y/N's quarters, and Taehyung escorted her inside.

He ensured she was settled comfortably before preparing to leave.

As he turned to go, Y/N spoke up hesitantly, "Ajushii, why did the beast come after me?"

Taehyung paused, contemplating his response. "Some creatures in these lands are drawn to human presence," he explained carefully.

"You happened to encounter one of them. But don't worry, I'll take measures to ensure it doesn't happen again."

Y/N nodded, though she still looked unsettled.

Taehyung noticed her unease and softened his tone further. "You're safe here," he reassured her once more.

"If anything troubles you, don't hesitate to inform me or one of the guards."

With that, Taehyung bid her goodnight and left, his mind still replaying the events of the day.

He knew Jimin's eyes had lingered on Y/N, filled with a mix of concern and something else he couldn't quite decipher.

Taehyung resolved to keep a closer watch, sensing that things were becoming more complicated with each passing day in the palace.

Meanwhile, Y/N sat quietly in her room, replaying the terrifying moments with the beast in her mind.

She couldn't shake off the image of Taehyung's swift action and his fierce protection.

Despite his reputation, she felt a strange sense of security whenever he was near.

As she drifted off to sleep that night, Y/N couldn't help but wonder about the complexities surrounding Taehyung and Jimin, and where her own place in the palace truly stood amidst these powerful men and their intertwined fates.

---
The next morning, Y/N woke up, freshened up, and thought about the events of the previous night.

"Ajushii, you're really powerful," she mused with a smile.

As she walked towards the kitchen, she saw Jimin waiting for her. "I'm waiting for you," he said.

Y/N smiled back. "Why are you waiting for me?"

Jimin grabbed Y/N's hands and twisted them gently, checking for any signs of harm. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern.

Y/N nodded. "I'm okay, no worries."

Jimin released her hands and apologized. "I'm sorry, Y/N. Yesterday, I couldn't do anything because Taehyung was there."

Y/N reassured him. "It's okay, Jimin. Now I'm fine."

Suddenly, Jimin hugged Y/N tightly. "I'm always here for you," he said softly.

Y/N smiled warmly. "I know that."

Jimin pulled back and smiled. "Okay, Y/N, go and do your work. Cook something delicious for me."

Y/N nodded and made her way into the kitchen, ready to start her day.

______________________________________

To be continued 🎀✨

Please comment if you read my FF
Please keep supporting me

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜