Chapter 50

**FLASHBACK CONTINUATION**

As the days passed, Jin and Diana grew closer, their bond deepening into something neither of them had anticipated.

Jin eventually confessed his feelings to Diana, and though she was initially unsure how to react, she found herself falling in love with him as well.

Their connection became physical, further solidifying their relationship, even as Diana grappled with the complex emotions that came with it.

Lalisa, on the other hand, was consumed by jealousy and anger.

She could see the affection between Jin and Diana and it burned her to know that Jin's heart was no longer hers, despite the impending marriage.

Today was the day of Lalisa and Jin's marriage. The wedding hall was magnificently decorated, filled with gods, goddesses, and celestial beings, all waiting for the groom to arrive.

However, Jin was in the garden, far from the festivities, holding Diana in a tight embrace.

"I promise you, Diana, we’ll marry someday," Jin whispered, his voice tinged with both regret and resolve. "But today, I have to marry Lalisa. I promised her father, and I can’t break that vow."

He looked troubled, his usual confidence replaced by a rare vulnerability.

Diana, despite the ache in her heart, managed a soft smile. "I know, Ajushii," she said, using the affectionate nickname she’d always called him. "And I’m okay with it. I know you love me, and that’s enough."

Jin gazed at her with a mixture of admiration and sorrow, moved by her selflessness.

He nodded, grateful for her understanding, though it did little to ease the guilt gnawing at him.

Together, they walked towards the wedding hall, their hands entwined as if drawing strength from each other for what was to come.

As they entered the grand hall, the atmosphere shifted. Lalisa, dressed in an extravagant wedding gown, stood at the altar, her eyes narrowing as she saw Jin arrive with Diana by his side.

Her hands clenched into fists, and she gripped the fabric of her gown tightly, barely able to contain her rage.

Jin stepped forward, leaving Diana behind as he approached Lalisa. The ceremony proceeded, and soon enough, Jin and Lalisa were officially married.

The guests applauded, but the joy in the hall felt hollow to Diana, who stood in the shadows, watching with tear-filled eyes.

Despite her outward composure, Diana’s heart was breaking. Yet, she held onto Jin’s promise, believing in his love for her even as he stood beside another woman.

Lalisa’s eyes flickered to Diana, a cruel smile tugging at her lips as she reveled in her victory, but Diana refused to look away.

She forced herself to watch, to endure, clinging to the hope that Jin’s words were true.

The ceremony ended, and the guests began to disperse. Jin glanced back at Diana, his expression filled with unspoken sorrow and love.

Diana nodded subtly, a silent acknowledgment that she would wait for him, no matter how long it took.

But deep down, the pain of watching the man she loved marry another would haunt her for a long time to come.

The night had fallen, and the grand celebration of Jin and Lalisa's wedding had finally come to an end. The guests had left, and the palace had quieted down.