Chapter 7: Lexi

Waking up with a huge smile on my face I get my running clothes on calling for Judge, we set off on our run. I don't bother with the leash anymore Judge stays next to me. I start thinking about how in the books I edit and read they always say people have a bounce in their step. I've never understood that phrase until now. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. Walking feels like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, I just float off the ground.

I skip up the driveway putting some music on as I dance around the kitchen making my morning coffee and feeding Judge. I look at my phone to see a text from Liam, 'Good Morning! How was your run?', texting back I say, 'Great! Ended up doing two miles today. How did you sleep?'. He responded right back with, 'Great, thought of you! :) I hope you have a great day! I'll message you after work!', texting back I said, 'Can't wait to hear from you later! :)'.

Smiling, I take my coffee to the porch thinking about how this feels so different than it did with Bash. Is that wrong? What if this is how he felt about Cara? I feel so at peace and like life's happiness rests with Liam. How crazy is that? In the book I read love happens so fast and I'm not sure I feel love but this attraction is so much more than I ever had with Sabastian. The love I have for Bash is brotherly compared to the attraction I feel for Liam.

Getting to my office after my shower I sit at my desk looking at Sabastian's urn and start crying. Yes, it's been a year but I feel so guilty to have stronger feelings for someone I barely know!

Jumping up I grab the keys to my new golf cart, I need to ask Mr. Williams, he will know what I need to do.

Pulling into the driveway I have so many tears I can barely see, Judge is barking making Mr. Williams run out his door.

I ran up to him crying, "I had a date and I like him more than I did Bash!" I sob out.

"Oh dear child, it's okay. Let it out Lexi. He won't be mad honey." Mr. Williams held me in his arms, rubbing my back while I just broke down.

Once I get myself together I look at Mr. Williams as he gently smiles at me.

"Lexi, it's okay honey. Sabastian told you to move on, he wanted you to find this. Even if this guy isn't your soulmate Sabastian wants you to look for him. He didn't want you to be alone anymore."

"I know what you're saying is true but I just feel so guilty. I was so mad at Bash after reading his letter and learning about Cara because he didn't love me like that but I'm just a huge fat hypocrite!" I wailed. "I didn't love him like that either! He died and I could get up in the morning! I moved a week later."

"Oh Lexi, you aren't a hypocrite! You didn't know. You told me how you grew up. What examples did you have of love? How could you have known sweetie?" Mr. Williams questioned me.

"I don't know." Sounding so small.

"That's right and it was Sabastian that first showed you true care. Don't feel guilty, it is okay to love again and love greater. It's what you're supposed to be doing. You're honoring something Bash asked you to do after him." Mr. Williams reasoned.

"Honoring him? Yeah he told me to find love...I am honoring him by having feelings for Liam." I sniffled.

Noticing that I've just interrupted this kind man and unloaded all my emotional crap on him I say, "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for bothering you Mr. Williams!"

"No! You do not apologize for coming to me! I am your new Grandpa and it's what I am here for, ya hear me Lexi!" Mr. Williams ordered.

"Grandpa? I like that. Yes Grandpa I understand. Thank you." I acknowledged with a small smile on my face.