Chapter 20: Liam (Spicy)

Leaving Lexi's house made me happy yet sad. I want to spend every moment with her but I know Lexi needs her alone time. I have never not needed my own time before. Pulling into the restaurant parking lot I see that Ronnie just pulled in too. I normally have a table before he gets here so the shocked look on his face makes me laugh. Getting out the truck with a grin on my face has Ronnie's head tilting because he smirks at me.

"Got some did you?" Ronnie says as I walk up to him.

Punching him in the shoulder I say with all my excitement on display, "I love Lexi and she loves me too."

Ronnie smiles at me smacking my back, "I'm happy for you brother."

"I want to bring her to family dinner, but she doesn't want the family to be uncomfortable with her." I tell him as we take our seats.

"She sounds like a nice girl, can't wait to meet her. Or really meet her." He trials off.

"She worries about the connections or how we are connected makes our relationship doomed to fail." I confess.

"Are you worried?" He asks as the waitress brings us menus and coffee.

Ordering our breakfast I think about all the ways I'm not worried. I don't think about Bash when I think about Lexi. I am at such a greater understanding with him now that I know what he did for my little sister. Most importantly I love Lexi for who she is and how she makes me feel so complete and at an inner peace with all that life throws at me.

"I'm not worried at all." I answer after the waitress leaves.

"Then make sure she feels that secure too." He says before taking a sip of his coffee.

"How do I do that? This weekend we really connected and I think she is giving me her all but how do I address those fears without bringing them to the front of her mind?" I ask playing with my napkins refusing to look at Ronnie, he can see I'm nervous already I don't want to see the amusement in his eyes at my struggles with a woman. The dude that doesn't believe in love.

"How am I supposed to know? Seemed like a good thing to say." He says.

"Thanks asshole." I deadpan.

Leaving work with a smile on my face has many of my employees giving me second looks and has me shaking my head. I texted Lexi that I was leaving the office and I can't wait to see her. She let's me know she has already started dinner and work for the day and for me to drive safe. I want to race home to her but she deserves for me to drive safe home to her.

Parking my truck in the driveway I see Judge on the porch with his tail wagging. I'm glad he has allowed me in her life I know without his acceptance I wouldn't be here right now.

"Hey boy!" I call out as I close my truck door swinging my overnight bag I grabbed from my place on my way here.

Climbing the front steps I see Lexi on the rocking chair with two glasses of tea on the table next to her, smiling at me.

"Hey Beautiful. I missed you today, how was your day?" I say leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"Hey Handsome. Missed you too but I had a great day." She smiled at me as I took the seat next to her placing my bag down next to me.

"Tell me about your day." I say taking a gulp of the sweet tea she grabbed for us.

"I talked to Grandpa about all I am struggling with and like normal he showed me how I was twisting it up in my head." She laughed.

"You're struggling? Lexi I'm glad you have someone to go to but I want you to know you can come to me too." I say concerned that she didn't know that.

"I did talk to you about it Liam. I just needed Grandpa to tell me how silly I was being. I mean if you looked at me and saw Bash you wouldn't be here right now or have been here this weekend. Right?" She explained.