Chapter 9: Lexi

I wake up to my phone ringing, seeing it's the Wolf Enterprise Board member I answer. "Hello?"

"Miss Storm, we are having some issues here and we were wondering if you would be available to help."

"Of course. Do you need my help remotely or in person?" I say.

"In person if possible. I know you don't want to be bothered for Wolf matters but this situation is very strange and we aren't sure what to do."

"I will get a flight out today and call when I'm in Washington."

"Let me know your flight details and I will arrange a car to pick you up. Thank you and I'm sorry to have to make this call."

Getting off the phone I find a flight that leaves in a few hours. I look to Judge shaking my head I cannot take him with me. Getting dressed I gather Judge's stuff and load it into the golf cart taking Judge to Grandpa.

Pulling into his driveway I see him drinking coffee on his porch.

"Good morning Lexi and Judge! How are you feeling today darling? Yesterday was rough." He says. Crap that was only yesterday wasn't it?

"I have to leave town for a little while I came to ask if you could watch Judge for me."

"Why are you leaving town?" Grandpa looks at me through squinted eyes.

"Wolf Enterprise needs my help. I can't let Bash's family business fail because he failed me. Prescott cared for his employees above all else." I say.

"Well of course I will watch Judge for you. You just make sure you come home sweetie. When is your flight I will take you to the airport." He says.

"Thank you Grandpa. It leaves in a few hours I need to pack then I should probably head out."

Walking off the plane I text the Board letting them know I have arrived and head towards the pick up line. I can't believe I am back in this state. I see a town car with a driver holding my name on a sign. Typical Wolf Enterprise gesture being so formal and fancy. I don't feel I belong in this fancy world with my jeans and hoodie.

The driver takes me to the hotel and tells me to text him when I need a ride, he's been assigned to me for my stay. Yuck. I thank him and change into the proper uniform expected of someone at Wolf Enterprise. I feel like my soul is dying as I apply the layers of make up, changing myself into the image they want.

Walking into the Board meeting seeing Peter Kingston annoys me, I take my seat at the head of the table as majority owner it's my rightful seat. I look over to have the Board members sit leaving the last seat for Kingston, his eye twitches and his hand flexes but he gives me a tight smile. Good be mad if you weren't acting like a greedy child I wouldn't be here, I might even still be innocent of Liam's last name.

"Miss Storm what do we owe this pleasure?" Kingston says.

"It seems there is something happening to the finances of this company that hasn't been handled and I was asked to come in and help fix these issues." I say giving a tight smile to Kingston, watching his face pale.

"I do not know of any finance issues." He says. The other Board members are sitting awkwardly trying to understand this tension in the air.

"Well my private investigator found some issues and I wanted to be sure of the success of this company seeing as you informed me about the expanding and rebranding. Question Mr. Kingston why wasn't the Board aware of your plans?" I ask.

"Oh well I wanted to get everything in line before informing them. Being as you don't nor have you ever ran a company I'm sure you don't understand how all this works." Cocky son of a bitch to assume I don't know how to run this company. I have a masters in Business with a minor in English.