Chapter 11: Lexi

I've been here a week and I'm no closer to finding Kingston's accomplice than I was in South Carolina. I've gotten the business back on track and even gave the employees a raise. This one they got to keep all the funds of. I'm supposed to go running with Sarah in an hour. I need this run so bad, I feel like I am drowning from working in the office and working on my business in the evenings as well as trying to make sure I can get back to Judge. I really don't want him to feel like I abandoned him.

Rushing out the hotel I run into Sarah at the door.

"Hey Sarah! Sorry I am running late. You ready?" I ask.

"Hey Lex! It's all good and yeah let's go. We can run to my favorite little walk up burrito truck." Sarah said.

"Sounds good." I smile.

We take off running, both of us watching out for each other. The city isn't the safest place to run but there is safety in numbers, right?

As we make our way to the food truck and order we take a seat at some picnic tables to eat and just catch up.

"How you holding up being back here?" Sarah asks as she finishes up her burrito.

"Struggling to figure out this mess but I'm doing okay. You know me just pushing through." I answer also finishing my burrito. Sarah looks like she winces when I say that. Weird.

"I looked into that family like you asked." Sarah paused. "They seem to be struggling. Or at least the man is."

That doesn't make me happy. With all the information I have of Bash I know he wouldn't want this man to be struggling with the accident. It took Bash from me, yes but it also allows Bash to be back with Cara. He shouldn't struggle with giving Bash his peace.

"Should I talk to him?" I ask.

"I don't know. What would you say?" Sarah asks.

"That I don't blame him. That Bash is in a better place. All that cliche stuff." I answer.

"It couldn't hurt. Will it help you?" She asks. How will I know what will help anymore? I thought going on a date would help but I went on a date with my husband's true love's oldest brother. My judgment is shit.

"This isn't about me. Never has been about me. It isn't fair to that little boy to lose a father to himself."

"I will email you all the contact information I have and let you handle it." Sarah nudges me almost pushing me off the picnic table.

Smiling at her we stand getting ready to head back to the hotel. "Race you?" I say as I take off without waiting for her reply.

I'm still sitting in the office conference room, after another meeting trying to locate the mole in the company, all this drama has me frustrated. Kingston wasn't smart enough to do something like this on his own. I look down at the laptop that's opened to the email Sarah sent me with the contact information.

Gathering all the courage I have left I text the wife, 'I don't know if you remember me but I am Sabastian Wolf's widow. I would like to meet with you if that would be okay. I understand if you do not want to but I have heard you could use help with your husband handling the accident.'

Now I just wait and see. I didn't want to approach them like they did to me it seems rude especially after a year and everything she has probably had to deal with. I want her to know I come from a place of help not anger. I can't be angry when this was probably something Bash wanted, to be back with his love.

Sipping my coffee while I mindlessly deal with the everyday paperwork of Wolf Enterprise I hear my phone ping. Grabbing it without looking who is texting me I read, 'I remember you. I couldn't ask you for help. I don't mind meeting with you.' Taking a breath I respond, 'Name time and place and you didn't ask. I have learned some things about Bash that could help your husband cope.'