Chapter 24: Liam

Holding Lexi close to me my heart breaks for her that she would even think that including herself in Bash's burial would be tainting it or his connection to Cara. Tears blur my vision.

"Why don't we go through his stuff tomorrow and find everything you want included and we can pick a casket that will hold everything." I whisper trying not to let Lexi know I'm tearing up.

"Yeah that sounds good. I don't think that trunk will fit in a casket." She shares.

"Yeah maybe not but we can deliver it to the funeral home and they will pack it in and dispose of the trunk so you don't have to deal with it anymore." I say.

"I'm tired." She says letting out a yawn.

"Then let's go to bed Honey." I say kissing the top of her head.

I wake up and the bed is empty. I smell coffee and get out of bed going into the bathroom getting ready for our emotional day.

I think about emailing my therapist to see how I can protect the progress I've made in case I see anything that would be hurtful but decide I can call him later if I really need too. Maybe if I do that it will show Lexi how serious I take this healing for not only myself but also for our future.

Making my way downstairs I see the front door open but the office door that has Bash's stuff is still shut and the light is off which I take as a good sign. I go into the kitchen and still don't see Lexi. Making my cup I call out for her but I don't hear her.

I go back to the front of the house with my cup and I hear talking outside. When I step on the front porch I see Lexi with Mr. Williams drinking coffee together and Lexi has tear streaks on her cheeks.

"Good Morning Mr. Williams. Are you okay Honey?" I say leaning down kissing Lexi on her forehead.

"Yeah I bounce ideas off Grandpa and he thinks it's a great idea what you have planned for the day. He offered to help us since this can affect both of us." She says with a smile on her face.

"That's nice. Thank you." I say taking a sip of coffee.

"Of course only if y'all think it will be difficult but Lexi here said y'all don't plan to go through the trunk which I agree with you Liam is a bad idea. It's just asking for pain and y'all don't need that." Mr. Williams says finishing off his coffee and stands leaning down and giving Lexi a hug kissing her cheek.

"Ima head on out you call me if you need me." He says pointing at Lexi causing her to grin and blush.

"Of course thank you for coming by." She says standing up grabbing the empty cups.

Mr. Williams just waves patting Judge on the top of his head and heads to his gift cart.

"I missed waking up with you this morning." I say opening the screen door for Lexi.

"Sorry I woke up early and got in my head. I wanted Grandpa's opinion but I didn't want to leave the house on you while you were sleep. He brought us breakfast burritos." She says with a smile.

"Yum. Let's go eat and figure out how we want to tackle today." I say as we enter the kitchen.

When we finish eating I clean up the kitchen making each of us another cup of coffee. "Okay I am here for whatever you need help with. Put me to work. I will not take control of this. I think you need to do this and I think that means you need to control this situation Honey." I say as I pass her a cup.

"I might need some guidance. I mean I think we can use the trunk as a holder for everything aside from his ashes." She says holding the cup with both hands looking down at the dark liquid like it will give her life's answers.