Chapter 15: Lexi

I don't understand what is happening. I keep trying to push Liam away and I'm really not sure if he doesn't get it or isn't allowing me to. Why is he pushing therapy? Why do I feel that peace I felt before with him still? Why is it so easy to talk to him?

"How did you meet Bash?" Liam asks me.

"Why would you want to know that?" I question.

"He was your best friend. He meant a lot to you, and he was a huge part of your life. I want to know everything remember." He said while taking a bite of food.

Taking a bite I think about when I met Bash. Does he really care? He hated Bash a month ago.

"Sarah and I used to run together but once she went to law school I didn't have a running partner anymore. I kept running and ran into Bash one morning. I had just finished a run and was getting a cup of coffee but I was closing out an app on my watch not paying attention and he was walking out the coffee shop not paying attention." I remembered.

"Oh you literally ran into him?" Liam laughed.

"Yeah, we started apologizing and I offered to buy him another cup and he ended up sitting with me drinking it. We became friends after that meeting at the coffee shop for a few months before he asked me out, the rest is the normal I guess." I said.

"That's sweet. Bash was a great friend." Liam said.

"How did you meet Bash?" I ask.

"He was friends with Ronnie, when his parents died he came to live with us since he had another year of high school and was dating Lil." He answered.

"Why do you call her Lil?" I ask.

"Her middle name and she is the little sister. Ronnie came up with it since they were a year a part. It stuck." He said smiling at what I assume is his memories.

"It's not bad to talk about them Lex. I want to build your trust. You should be able to come to me for anything." Liam told me.

We finish eating and I remember I didn't go get Judge's stuff from Mr. Williams. Looking towards Liam when his phone starts ringing, he goes to the back porch answering his phone while I clean up the breakfast. When Liam comes back inside he looks conflicted.

"I need to go handle something for work but I don't want to go back any steps. Are you willing to try to forgive me Lexi? Can we try again?" Liam pleas.

"Go to work. I have things I need to do too. I need time to process all of this." I say.

"I'll take the maybe Lex. Talk to you later honey. Have a great day and reach out if you need anything or want to talk." Liam smiles at me coming to me and kisses my forehead before petting Judge and walking out the front door.

Standing there long after he is gone just looking at the front door I'm broken from my frozen state when Judge nudges my hand bringing me back to the present. I get the golf cart keys and make my way to Mr. Williams'.

I knock on Mr. Williams door with shaky hands bouncing from leg to leg, is he upset with me?

"Good Morning Lexi! You look like you got some sleep." He says with so much care in his eyes I start to tear up nodding my head.

"I'm sorry!" I blurt out.

"For what?" He looked confused which just made me feel worst.

"I was so angry and I treated you badly. I didn't call you or barely talked to you and you were nice enough to watch Judge for me." I cry.

"Lexi, I understand! You got unloaded on. Please don't cry. Talk to me, how are you doing?" Grandpa asks me. Gesturing me to take a seat.

"I'm so confused. Liam said he wants to get to know me and try again but he hated me a month ago." I say.