Chapter Eight

Y/N POV

The next day I woke up and remembered it was the weekend so I went back to bed. I woke up again at about 9 and got ready for the day.

I walked around the castle a while and saw a group of people all around one person. I walked around and saw a boy holding a diary. I saw the name on the front cover.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

No. No. No. Are these people insane! Don't they know privacy?

"March 14, 1942.." the boy started with a smirk.

I was fuming.

"Are you insane!" I walked up to the boy, grabbed Tom's diary and hit the boy's head with it.

Tom walked beside me but I hadn't noticed.

"You really think reading someone's diary is a good idea? You are an insane man, you know that, you don't know a thing about privacy!" Tom grabbed my waist and I jumped turning to him and smiled.

Tom looked pissed.

"Tom?" Tom lunged for the boy and grabbed his collar, pinning him to a nearby wall.

"Tom!" I was going to stop him but then professors came over and grabbed me, Tom, and the boy and dragged us to Dippet.

The three of us sat in front of Dippets desk. The boy's head hung low, I held Tom's diary in my hands, staring at his name on the front, and Tom sat in his seat pissed. I was in the middle for some reason.

"What happened?" Dippet sat down.

None of us answered.

"Y/N." Dippet stared at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"When I was walking in the halls I heard this guy," pointing to the boy, "reading, out loud, Tom's personal diary like some idiot who thinks he owns the world. All I did was take the book from him and might have yelled at him." Now I was mad. I can't believe I'm getting into trouble.

"David." Dippet turned to the boy.

"I-I was reading it out loud.... but she didn't just yell at me! She hit me with the book!"

Dippet put his hand up to stop the boy from talking and turned to Tom.

"Tom."

"I heard some girl yelling at a boy and it turned out it was L/N. I saw her holding my diary and yelling about how insane he was, how David did not know about decent privacy for others. That's when I realized he was reading my diary so I pinned him to the wall." Tom was still angry and so was I.

"Y/N did you hit David with the diary?" Dippet looked at me.

I nodded. "He deserved it."

"Deserved it? Explain."

"He was reading private information not meant for him. What'd you expect me to do?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't hit him." Dippet sighed.

"I give what is deserved not what is expected-" I was cut off by Dippet.

"You talk one more time Y/N your punishment will be worse." Dippet was getting angry.

"I don't remember cutting people off was a type of good manners, excuse you. If someone read your diary out loud to the whole student body wouldn't you be mad. I would and to be honest I like my privacy. And David wouldn't be left unharmed if this diary was mine."

"Y/N!" Dippet was fed up.

I scoff and stand up.

"Sit down!" Dippet growled.