Chapter One

Y/N POV

I was in the Slytherin common room talking about school work with my friend Pansy.

"Well my dad said he won't ground me all summer if I can get my D up to a C. I really need to find a tutor for Potions. That class is my nightmare." Pansy usually complains about that class.

"I can give you my notes if you want." I suggested. Pansy always had trouble with her grades and I like to help people.

"Yes! You're a perfect straight A student. I'll take 'em all." Pansy smiled brightly.

Professor Snape walked in the room, most likely for a random room check.

"Miss L/N." He stared at me.

"What did you do this time?" Pansy whispered to me.

I shrugged and stood up.

"Dumbledore wants to see you for a moment. Don't you worry, you're not in trouble." Snape turned to the door expecting me to follow.

I high-fived Pansy right before me and Snape left. I got to Dumbeldores office and walked in.

"Headmaster?" I called out not seeing anyone as I looked around.

"Ah, miss L/N, take a seat." Dumbledore came around a corner and motioned to a chair in front of his desk.

I sat down and Dumbledore followed my actions sitting in his chair.

"Miss L/N, I've been told you're quite the troublemaker around school." Dumbledore chuckled slightly.

I nodded and I was a little confused about what was going on.

"Which tells me," he leaned back in his chair, "you're not afraid of many things."

"Yes..." I had a confused look on my face.

"Tell me Y/N... what are you afraid of?" Dumbledore leaned forward on his desk.

"Failure I guess." I shrugged.

"Well.... Good. Y/N you are a very smart student but somehow always in trouble. Even though you've had many detentions you've never had a late assessment that has had a grade lower than an A." Dumbledore spreads a few papers out on his desk.

"I like to learn." I say as an excuse.

"No. You like being better than others. You like the feeling of being on top and winning. You like this because you can't stand the thought of someone being better than you and you failing."

"That too." He needs to get out more.

"I don't want you to fail me Y/N."

"Fail you? Fail you on what exactly?" I lean forward in my seat slightly.

"I have a mission for you."

I nod and wait for him to go on.

"I'll tell you exactly how it is. I want you to go back in time so you can alternate certain things so that our present can have less problems."

I smile. "Problems? As in?"

"Voldemort."

"Ah. Right." My smile slightly faded. "What did you want me to do in the past?"

"Well you know Tom Riddle, no?"

"You mean Voldemort?" What is he going on about?

"Well... yes but no. You see, before Voldemort he was Tom Riddle. Tom Riddle is essentially Voldemort's younger self."

I nod.

"You most likely don't know this but Tom was conceived under a love potion. Which means he can not love another. But what I did not know was that Tom's parents loved each other before the potion, his mother thought that his father didn't love her but she was wrong."