Chapter Eleven

Y/N POV

I had a good day in my classes today. And I ended up having no homework! I decided to get ready for the party early so I got in the shower and shaved, full hair wash, full body wash, just everything. I always felt good after these showers.

I wanted to dress more covered up for Tom but also classy because if you don't overdress why are you going? You know?

After getting dressed and getting my hair and makeup done I was ready. And just on time to! Well ten minutes after the party started but it's called being fashionably late. Which is the definition of being me.

I walked down the stairs to the common room where the party was already raging. Time to have some fun!

Tom POV

I was drinking against a wall across the room near the entrance because if one thing started to go wrong I was getting out. Sure I could go to my room but the lake is much more peaceful.

I was looking over the people in the room like a hawk searching for Y/N. She was late. Of course.

I spotted someone coming down the stairs and it was Y/N..... Merlin's beard. I kept my eyes on her face trying to get her to look at me so I didn't have to go to her. I didn't want to make my way through the crowd but I also didn't want Y/N doing that. I pushed myself off the wall and people started to move away from me.

I had a clear path to the Y/N and I was halfway to her when her blue eyes found my eyes and my stomach started to feel weird and my body started to heat up.

Y/N ran over to me with a bright smile. "You look good."

"So do you." I couldn't help but size her up. She was... pretty?

"Wow, a compliment? Why thank you." Y/N giggled and took my free hand. "What are you drinking?"

"Whiskey." I said while Y/N walked us over to the makeshift bar.

Y/N got a cocktail and turned to me while sipping on it.

"Do you want to sit?" My feet started to hurt but I wanted to stay next to Y/N. I just had this feeling that if I wasn't next to her something would happen. Whether it was bad or good I didn't care.

"Sure." Y/N dragged me to an empty couch and people started to file out of the seats near us. I liked that people did that. I could be alone with Y/N and no one would hear us.

"Having fun?" I looked around the room.

Y/N leaned on my shoulder. "I just showed up."

"Right." I wrapped an arm around her.

"You're tense." I could hear Y/N whisper.

"I hate parties. I like having peace and quiet without so many individuals around me."

Y/N giggled. "Just relax. We're gonna have fun tonight I promise. I'm going to make you smile, laugh, blush, all of it!"

"Mhm." She wouldn't because she couldn't. I rarely smile and she thinks I'm going to do all of that? No.

"Mhm!" Y/N had a bright smile.

"I'll need more than just a drink then." I downed my whiskey that I was babying.

Y/N POV

Damn.... New green flag unlocked, downing a drink with no effort or thought to it. Maybe a pink flag but hey! It was hot.

"Come on." I drowned my drink that there was only A little left of. I mean I was pretty thirsty to begin with.

I dragged Tom to the dance floor and a small circle was around us. No one was looking at us, it's just they didn't want to be near Tom. Which I think is ridiculous.