Chapter 3

It's been three days since the run in with Xavier at the store thankfully the sickness is about gone. I went to the doctors and found out I had some severe stomach flu. The doctors don't know how I got it, but I took some antibiotics and it started clearing up.
It's a Saturday. I don't know what I'm doing tonight but I hear my sisters are going to a party, a party that Toby's friend Tristan
is throwing at his house. I've been invited a few times but haven't giving them a straight forward answer yet.

I'm not big on parties or places with a lot of people, I get anxiety. I've learned how to adapt with it a little bit so it's not as bad as it use to be. But still I don't like being around a lot of people.

"Jay we are leaving in a few" Koda said walking pass my bedroom door.
I stood up walking to the middle of my door frame looking right in her direction.

"Where are you going?" I asked. She stepped out of her bedroom fidgeting with her belt to her navy blue jeans.

"The party duh." She said

"I thought that was later tonight?" I said racing through my room, looking for something to wear.

"We're going now to help set up. For some reason guest are coming early, Tristan wants help keeping the guest under control." She explained "now if your going hurry up." She demanded as she headed downstairs.
"We're leaving in five" she shouted.
"Ok!" I shouted back.
It only took me three minutes to get ready anyway. I was wearing blue skinny jeans that's a couple old tares in them,  a white strapless crop top, a red flannel, with my white sneakers. My hair was up in a bun with a few free strands that framed my face.
I started down the stairs to join my sisters, I guess I could try to ignore my anxiety for one night.

"Alright dad we'll be back later tonight!" Koda yelled just so he got the message before we all walked outside.
We headed to my sisters green Chevy and all got inside. My sister started the engine plugging her phone in to blast some sort of upbeat reggae on the radio to add a little bit of excitement for the evening out.

It took us about twenty minutes to get to Tristan's house, already there were five cars out side his house.

"Damn he wasn't kidding when he said people were coming early." Heather muttered.

"We don't know how  many people were in each car." Koda said.

"Well let's stop talking about it, go in there." I was the first to get out then the other two followed.

We walked up to his grey two story house that had a peculiar shell type concrete slab walkway with two over grown hedges right at the wooden steps, Heather knocked we stood there awkwardly waiting for an answer from inside we could hear the music blasting an some light laughter.
A few minutes later the door was opened.

"Hey guys!" Tristan said greeting us with a smile that quickly faltered to a frown.

"Is it bad?" Koda asked.

"No, it's just stressful because I'm still trying to get stuff put together. Great there's another car pulling up." He said with a whimper.

"Isn't that your boyfriends car?." Koda asked.

"No, he- wait what?" He asked trying to look over our heads.

Tristan's boyfriend Luke had been gone the last three months for college, him popping up out of the blue I could tell was quite a surprise to Tristan.

"Luke?" He yelled calling out to the muscular teen boy who had flowers in his hand with a beer in the other.

"Hey baby." The tall cowboy yelled in his southern accent, Tristan ran through us wrapping his arms around Luke's neck and kissing his lips then his cheek. The boys soon broke apart. I saw them saying things to each other that I couldn't quite make out. Luke then handed a really happy giggly Tristan his flowers, soon as they broke apart Luke wasted no time in cracking open his Budweiser taking a long swig from it, they linked hand in hand walking towards us.