Chapter 6

It's been about a month since the party, still no word from Xavier. My dad took us out of school considering the fact that we have court in three days with Brandy and Mike , my dad just wants to spend more time with us. He leaves to work at four o'clock and doesn't get home till two in the morning, busy doing construction work. So he'll usually sleep from two to the afternoon and starts spending the three hours of his day available with us. Currently he's at work he left an hour an a half ago. I'm debating on what I want to do today, Kodas giving me her car, then she's leaving with Toby to get her a new one, awfully nice of her to give me her car seems a bit suspicious, she must be up to something.

"Alright well we'll see you later Jay." Koda said walking by me patting my head I scoffed at her.

"I'm not Heather don't pat my head or ruffle my hair." I hissed glaring at her.

"Meow, keep the claws in kitty, what's your problem?" She asked a look of disinterest in her eyes.

"You don't care now leave." I said she didn't even say anything back she just shrugged her shoulders and left me in my temper.

I honestly don't even know what I'm mad about, maybe its the lack of sleep I've been getting cuz I can't stop thinking about court and what could happen to us. Or maybe it's just the fact that Xavier isn't talking to me I know that sounds obsessive or whatever, but he's the only guy who so far straight up used me as in kiss her, use her, then throw her away. When he kissed me, I could tell he wanted to keep doing it or at least say something about it, That's something to me. I have no clue why I seem to be "falling" for him so fast, it's crazy to even use that word I just don't know what's going on or what's coming over me, I honestly hate it, I hate it so much.
With that final thought settled in my head I grabbed my keys and went to the car. I hopped inside putting the key in the ignition, turning it to start the engine. I plugged my phone into its charger turning on spotify the first song that played was one hundred sleepless nights by pierce the veil.

As I was driving on the road I had no idea where I was headed I didnt really have a plan from the start, I just needed to get out of the house. My brain was becoming overwhelmed by stupid meaningless thoughts or so I'd like to believe they were meaning less but God knows they aren't. My phone buzzed signaling I had a message I quickly looked down to see a number that I wasn't familiar with. I picked up the phone steadily then looked back onto the road before reading the message.

Anonymous: we need to talk, meet me at roads burger on earston street.

I read the message over and over again.
The words 'we need to talk' kept replaying in my head. Who was this person? And why would we need to talk?

I replied to the number asking who it was.

Anonymous: It's Koda cupcake, we need to talk can you meet me at the restaurant?

When did Koda get a new number? Guess she's just upgrading everything, I shrugged thinking maybe she needed to talk about me having her car or something I replied to Koda with and 'ok' and headed off to roads burger an old family favorite.