5) Beta

Drake-

Drake woke up early Sunday morning to deal with Sebastian's situation. But he wasn't the only one who was up. He caught Salome sneaking out of the house with a plastic bag filled with bowls of cereal, milk, granola bars, and other breakfast items.

He didn't stop her; he just witnessed her little escape. Drake knew precisely where she was taking those items, too.

He went after her right after he got a cup of coffee and left a note for Tiara. He found Salome feeding Sebastian cereal.

"I don't know how I feel about this," Drake leaned against the door.

Salome smiled innocently. "Daddy."

"Salome, you shouldn't sneak out like this," he sat on the chair.

"I'm sorry," she smiled.

"It's fine."

Sebastian took the bowl of cereal. "I told her I could eat it by myself."

"Anyways," Drake leaned back. "If you are feeling better, I think it would be better for you and me to go. Show your face; show your father he can't take you down."

Sebastian sighed. "True."

"We'll leave in a few hours," Drake picked up Salome. "You are coming with me."

Salome huff.

Drake left the infirmary; the house smelled of bacon. Tiara had woken up and had a stack of bacon.

"I'm craving bacon," she smiled.

He set Salome on the counter. Salome grabbed a piece of bacon and bit it. "Maple syrup?"

"Yes, bacon with maple syrup," Tiara smiled. "I think our baby will be a bacon and syrup lover."

Drake groaned. "We'll be going through bacon packages and maple syrup bottles."

Tiara flips the blueberry pancakes.

"Over daughter snuck out," Drake said.

Tiara sighed. "I read the note; Salome, you can't do that. It's dangerous."

Salome pout.

Drake went upstairs to get ready. Today could go either way: a war between both clans, or Drake will kill the alpha on the spot—a war he doesn't want.

He went back downstairs and ate breakfast.

"I'll be back soon," he looks at Salome and Tiara. "I assume you are visiting Kristy today?"

Tiara sighed. "No, Dr. Williams said I can't go anywhere. I need to stay home and rest."

Drake sighed. "Alright, Salome, behave and don't trouble your mother."

Salome hugged him. "Okay."

Drake left the house and went to get Sebastian; he was ready. Someone had let Sebastian borrow some clothes that didn't suit him: Kakis and a blue shirt.

"Don't say anything," Sebastian sighed.

Drake chuckled.

"We won't go alone; a few of my men will accompany us; they'll be in the shadows," Drake said.

Sebastian nodded.

The walk to the Pine clan was fast since they shifted—Sebastian's wolf is normal. He was right about his wolf being dominant.

Drake had to let the clan in the middle between his and the Pine clan which they would pass through. Drake gets along with the middle clan.

"How many clans do you get along with?"