14) Drake's Injury

Tiara-

Tiara woke up with nausea. She was grateful to have the witch here. She helped her clean up and wash up.

It's a weekend, so the girls don't have school. They were upstairs playing with Sebastian. Poor Sebastian had to endure getting his nails painted and makeup on his face. But he would gladly let Salome put lipstick on him.

"I want to see Drake," Tiara stood from the bed. She felt dizzy.

The witch took out a compact mirror. "I'll ask Margaret, but please sit and drink that tea. The baby's heartbeat has been beating too fast."

Tiara was putting the baby at risk with her worries. She obeyed the witch and drank the tea.

"Margaret said you can see him, but be mindful of his injuries."

How bad are Drake's injuries?

"And you can't exhort yourself," the witch said. "If you become agitated again, I'll bring you back."

Tiara nodded.

The witch helped her get changed and escorted her to the infirmary. There were a lot of occupied rooms.

Drake was in a private room. Tiara laid eyes on him and gasped. But she remembered what the witch said and did the breathing exercises to calm her anxiety.

She enters the room, and Drake opens his eyes. He turned to her and groaned. "I must look like shit; I can't believe I let those hunters get the best of me. Then again, I stupidly allowed it to happen and let my emotions get the best of me."

Tiara sat on the chair and gently placed a hand on his. He winced. She removed her hands and kept them on her lap.

"What happened?"

"Using a child as bait is pretty low," Drake said. "They assume I wouldn't hurt the child, and they were right. Those fucker use a child; the kid wasn't even old enough to be out of diapers."

Tiara can't believe that happened. For the hunters to use a child, that's sick.

"And what's worse, the child wasn't even human; I think they kidnapped a random kid from a tribe and used him as bait."

Tiara shook her head. "Is the child alright?"

"Sean took the kid," Drake winced as he moved his arm to try and scratch his nose. Tiara did it for him. "Margaret looked at the kid. He was a cub and belonged to a family of tigers. The child went missing while he was shopping with his mother. The mother, those hinges killed her."

"That's horrible," Tiara felt sick.

"Once I'm out of this bed, I'll hunt even down," Drake said.

Tiara wants to hold him and make sure he's complete.

"I see you're awake," Margaret enters. "I'll be honest, no sugarcoating your situation. I did the best I could to avoid leaving any lasting scars, but the one on your right side wasn't easy to heal."

Drake scoff. "It's not like I don't have scars already. One more won't hurt. One more added to my collection."

Margaret walked over and purposely bumped into the bed, causing Drake extreme pain. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt?"

Drake cussed her out, and Margaret did it again.

"Whoops, that's so clumsy of me."

Drake kept his mouth shut.

She stayed with Drake for an hour or two before returning to be with the girls. They were sprawled out in the living room, watching a movie and eating popcorn and gummy candies, and with juice boxes.