29) Home Run, Veronica!

Drake-

"Is it just me, or is our daughter planning an escape of a certain white-haired girl?"

"Hmm?" Tiara squinted her eyes. "I don't know. She seems to be playing dress up."

Drake groaned. "I swear our daughter is one step closer to becoming a full-fledged criminal. She could be branded a traitor."

"You won't allow that to happen," Tiara smiled while knitting as if the conversation wasn't serious.

"Tiara, I'm serious here," he sighed.

She tsk and made him hold a roll of blue yarn. "It's unfair that Veronica has to get locked up for being herself. Sure, she killed people, but those people started the fight. And the only people to blame are the higher-ups. Why can't they give the Grands free will to have a family?"

Drake let out a deep, exasperated groan, his frustration palpable. Tiara is right about everything. But Veronica is wanted."

Tiara scoff. "Utterly ridiculous."

He couldn't help but laugh. Tiara has regained her confidence and speaks her mind more often. Too often.

He looks at her belly. "Are you sure it's a boy?"

"Yes," Tiara was knitting little mittens. "I know it's a boy; call it a mother intuition."

"If you're right, I'll give you whatever you want."

She kissed him. "Deal."

Why does it feel like he just sealed his fate?

Later that evening, Drake had to leave for a little while. The Elder wanted to speak to the ten clans. He left, knowing there wasn't any immediate danger.

"Well? It must be important if you use teleportation magic to summon us."

The Elder didn't look pleased with him. And she should be; Drake disobeyed and kept the plants.

"We will chat later, Drake," the Elder said.

Drake scoff.

She sighed. "The hunters have gone underground; for now, there are no threats against us or the vampires. The vampire will start building their cults. I would like for you all to offer a helping hand. No complaining."

Brock drops his hand.

"Now, let's go over the reports, too; I want to know the extent of the damage done to the clans and the town."

The ten clans spend ten hours analyzing the damage reports. Out of all ten clans, only the River clan suffered extreme damage. The Elder will send all the resources to them.

"I appreciate the help," Amadeus said. "Also, my eldest son will be Beta, temporarily. He begrudgingly agreed to it, thanks to my daughter."

Drake witnessed the embarrassing incident firsthand. Adeus vehemently refuses to be involved with Amadeus, but Tiara's persuasive sisterly appeals eventually convince Adeus to agree reluctantly. Adeus ultimately had no choice but to give in.

"Amadeus, you are already in the book, so good luck," she said.

"To think the coward came back," Brock said.

The Elder glared. "Enough, you're all dismissed. Drake, come with me."

Drake stood and followed her into the temple—the doors closed, and she turned to him.

"I specially told you to get rid of their plants; why do you insist on disobeying me?"

"Those plants grew in my territory; therefore, they belong to me," Drake said. "The ghostly girl told me she knows you."