27) Frida

Tiara-

She can't believe this tree gave Salome abilities. The leaves on the tree are colorful and beautiful.

Salome climbed the tree and sat on a branch. She picked some of the fruits. Now that Salome has made the connection, the fruits are edible. Anyone can eat them; only evil will suffer if they take a bite.

The fruits are so sweet, and her baby seems to like it.

"I wonder if we can make desserts with these fruits," Salome said, climbing down and placing the fruits in the basket. "Thank you, " she hugged the tree.

Tiara took the basket inside. The fruits are shaped like peaches, except the outer shell is black, and the inside is white with colorful seeds. They taste sweet, like sugar, but the texture is soft, like half-frozen yogurt. A toddler can safely eat this.

But Tiara is sure she can bake them into desserts or candies. She will do both.

Smiling, she grabs all the ingredients and plastic molds to create the candy and dessert.

Salome did help out but stopped when Lilac called her. Lilac is going home very soon, and they are putting the final touches on their plans.

"It smells like a bakery and candy shop combine," Drake chuckled.

"I'm testing the fruits," she wipes her cheek. "What should we call them?"

"Salome's Rainbow," Drake said. "For short, Sal-Rain."

She giggles. "What an odd name, but there's been worse."

She pops a gummy into his mouth.

He chews. "Not bad; it's sweet but not too overpowering."

"Of course, I thought of you; I know you don't like sweets too much," she smiled. "I still have much to make."

"Where's our troublesome child?"

"With Lilac, you know she is leaving soon; Salome wants to spend more time with her. It seems our daughter has taken a liking to city life."

Drake pinches his chin. He does that when he's nervous about something. He must have thought that Salome would want to live in the city.

"My love, our daughter has voiced her goals, one of them becoming Alpha. She's adamant about proving to the clans a woman can be one leader, too. It's why she admires the Elder."

Drake drops his hand. "I can't help but feel concerned. My sister Abigail thrives in the city, and Salome could stay with her. However, the city is a different world - more people, risks, and a greater hunter threat."

Tiara pinched his cheeks. "It'll be alright; at some point, our kids will have to venture out of our dens."

"You're right; my family and I ventured into the city. It had its rough edges, but it was fun."

"See, there is nothing to worry about."

She returned to baking, and he took a light nap on the couch.

The house became quiet, and the aroma of baked goods filled the house. The aroma brought Salome and Lilac.

"Wow," she smiled. "It smells good, Mommy."

"Try some."

She places a plate of tarts, gummies, and chocolate-covered fruit.

Salome bit into the tart, and her eyes brightened. "Wow, it's delicious!"

Lilac squeal. "Oh my goodness, Abigail could make ice out of these fruits; too bad we can't take it."

It's true; the fruit can't leave the clan.