23) Deadly Veronica

Dracula-

Finding Veronica was easy; all he did was follow the trails of bodies she had left behind.

"Take her, I beg of you! We didn't know she was this strong. We can't control her! She ripped them apart, oh God! We brought her here to the humans; they'll all die if she escapes!"

As he opened the doors, the overpowering smell of metal filled the entire warehouse, hinting at the ominous scene. A brutal massacre had taken place, and the sight before him transported him back to a haunting memory from years ago.

Dracula remembers the first time he met Veronica; she didn't look like a child; centuries ago, she was a grown, sensual, alluring woman with quick instincts. She still has good instincts, but not like before. It's like shrinking in size has minimized her abilities. Either way, she's still deadly.

He entered, and there was a squashing sound from each step. He looked down; he had stepped on someone's liver.

He gazes around the warehouse; hunters hide behind crates and anywhere where Veronica can't reach them. All around were bullet casings and body parts. Dracula thought he saw a man's private parts: two balls and a medium-sized stick.

"Hold your fire!" Someone yelled.

Dracula appreciates it; they are desperate to get rid of Veronica. He supposed no one told the poor fuckers about who she was. The church will have to explain a lot to the hunters.

Veronica sat in the center, holding the body of an older man. He looked to be in his forties but kept himself in shape. Only the sides of his hair were graying.

"He showed me kindness and compassion, and yet they ended his life simply because he provided me with food." Veronica gazed upward, her countenance marred by streaks of crimson tears. "I wanted a burger, and he got it for me. But the other hunters were furious for feeding me food. They thought I was tricking him, and they got into an argument, and that one shot him."

Dracula forgot how easily Veronica attaches herself to people, especially humans. She once had a female friend, and the friend murdered the mother-in-law. Veronica spent days with her friend's mother-in-law torturing her; it was disturbing.

"Veronica," Dracula crouches down. "We talked about this: you can't go on rampages like this when someone dies."

Veronica looks down. "I share my blood with him."

He groaned. "Did it work?"

"Yes," she smiled.

"Great," this is the third one she has sired another one. Any vampire can change a human. But for Veronica, it's a 50/50 chance. There were many failures and only two survivors; now there's a third.

Dracula has a theory on why Veronica's venom doesn't always work. But he doesn't want to test it. She could end up creating an army.

"Come on, don't worry, we aren't leaving him behind," he whistles, and ten vampires enter. He orders them to take the guy and clean this place up. "The remaining survivors, take this opportunity to fuck off before she starts raging again."

The hunters didn't need to be reminded and hightail out of here.

Dracula had to stop Veronica from chasing after them.

"Stop!" He winced as her sharp claws dug into muscle and bone. He did something he hadn't done since the last time he encountered Veronica. He ripped a chunk of her neck, and she lost consciousness. "Quick! We have under three hours to get her back in the coffin!!!"

One thing about Veronica is that her healing is fast, and killing her is not an option.

No one wasted time; Dracula had to leave his men behind to get Veronica back to the house. He will trust that the hunters won't betray his kindness.