THIRTY SIX

"Where's your building?" Engfa asked.

"I am the new roommate of Chumpo." Suppanad replied.

"Great! You just live above our floor. Let's go together." now, I'm getting annoyed. If only I wasn't clumsy and trip over that stupid rock, I wouldn't be witnessing this conversation they are having.

"Let me carry your bag, Engfa. So you can carry Nong Charlotte well." Suppanad offered while grabbing Engfa's backpack.

"Khop Khun ka, Tina." then I saw Engfa's unusual smile. It was warmer and more genuine. She doesn't smile at me like that.

Then we three went back to our dormitory silently. Engfa comfortably carried me as she walked easily towards our building. I suddenly felt annoyed again remembering how they both laughed with their conversation just a few minutes ago.

Am I jealous? I mean why now? Why does suppanad appeard right now when I'm trying ot win P'fa back? I silently fought with myself again.

I sighed with the thought that maybe I am jealous.

*Engfa POV*

I was giving Charlotte a cold compress on her ankle after she tripped herself awhile ago. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. She was sitting in bed while leaning on the wall.

"It still hurts, I can't put pressure on it," she said.

I shook my head while checking her ankle. "P'fa," she whispered.

"Yeah?" I looked at her, she lowered gaze avoiding mine. "Do you like Mina?" she mumbled.

I was taken aback by her sudden question. She was serious when she asked this time, there's no mocking or teasing in her tone.

"Uh, I-" I coughed a little trying not to crack my voice, "I don't know," I answered not sure with my answer. "Why'd you ask?" I added.

"Nothing, it's just that, I know that we are still not okay and I'm willing to wait just to have you back again. I'll prove o you that I really love you and I am willing to take any risk just to have you back." she answered with her normal self and a serious tone" then a forced smile stuck on her face.

I didn't respond as I try to analyze her expression. Then suddenly she grabbed the ice pack I was putting on her ankle, "I can do this. You can now go." I nodded at her.

"Did you already have dinner?" I asked concerning my best friend.

"Yes." her answer was short.

"Okay then. I'll head out to eat. You need anything?" I asked again. She simply shook her head for a no.

I went out of the room to buy something for dinner. However, I already lost my appetite as I got out. Still, I went out to have some fresh air and think about what Charlotte's said.

I walked through this small garden outside our dormitory and stayed there. I sighed as I realized maybe I do like Suppanad. Although I just met her, she was fun to be with.

"Engfa?" I heard someone's voice behind me.

I looked back and it was Tina. What are the odds?

"Hey," I shyly greeted.

Then she sat beside me, "What are you doing here? How's Nong Char?" she asked.

"Craving for some fresh air. She's still in pain." I plainly answered as I felt nervous around her again.

I saw her nod with my answers. "How about you? What are you doing here?"

"I just had dinner with Heidi and her friend, Freen." oh, she already met Freen. "And then, I saw you here," she added.