Cuts Were Never Equal

TW: self harm (534 words)

requests!! ->

TRAVIS' POV

Taylor and I have been dating for a little over 2 months and I haven't seen her take off her hoodie, or sweater, or sweatshirt. And I know it's a sensitive topic for her but I know she's hiding something. I'm in our bedroom showering and I hear Tay come home from her eras tour rehearsal. I don't think she knows I'm home so I quickly finish up in the bathroom. I walk out as Taylor walks in. She's wearing a purple tank top and black athletic shorts.

"How are you Tay?" I ask as she's staring down at her phone.

"What Trav? Oh-um, hi," Taylor says, throwing her arms behind her back. I slowly smile.

"What's up Tay?" I ask pulling Taylor into a hug. She's still hiding her arms from me but I get a small look at them. They are small reddish-pink self harm scars. I know they're old, slightly faded, but I know she doesn't want me to see them so I don't mention it. Taylor shrugs.

"Nothing, rehearsals went fine but I'm going to go shower. I'm hot and gross," Tay says. She walks to the bathroom and I sit on the bed and scroll through tik tok until she's done. She lays down next to me in one of my hoodies, it's at least 2 sizes too big for her and she looks miniature in it. She slides in next to me in bed and cuddles close to me. We sat in silence for a while.

"I'm hot," Taylor says.

"Yes you are Tay, you're the hottest," I say laughing. Taylor rolls her eyes.

"You know what I mean," She says. I nod.

"Take off your hoodie then," I say, starting to tickle her playfully. She laughs and looks up at me. Taylor stops all of a sudden and looks down pulling the sleeves of the hoodie over her hands. "Hey, pretty girl, what's wrong? Do you feel okay?" I ask rubbing her arm. Taylor nods.

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to," Tay says.

"What, no. Tay I won't judge you okay? You're perfect just the way you are. I promise sweetie," I say kissing the top of her head. Taylor starts to cry and buries her face in my shoulder.

"Sorry, sorry, god! Sorry for saying sorry!" Taylor says crying harder. I pull her closer to me.

"It's okay sweet baby, if you're hot take off your hoodie. You don't have to tell me anything or say anything. I'll be here for you," I say.

"Okay," Tay whispers after a minute. She slowly takes off her hoodie and sets it beside her. She lays against me with a thin t-shirt on. I take her hand and rub the scars that trace patterns on her arms.

"It's okay baby, I know you don't want to be vulnerable," I say as she starts to cry.

"Everything hurt Trav, not as much any more but everything felt better when I hurt myself. I'm sorry," Taylor says. I nod.

"I know sweetie, I know," I whisper. She cries into my shoulder and I rub her scars gently. "It's okay, pretty girl. I'm not leaving. I'm here to support you."