Falling For You (part 2)

(743 words)

requests!! ->

TRAVIS' POV

I slowly wake up at about 3 am hearing a small voice crying. I start to rub Taylor's back and she turns towards me with tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes.

"Oh Tay, it's okay I'm right here," I say.

"My ribs hurt so bad," Taylor says in between tears.

"Oh baby, it's okay, come here," I say, pulling her into my lap gently. She starts to sob, holding onto her chest and I rub her arm trying to comfort her. She starts to hyperventilate and I pull her closer. "Tell me 5 things you can see." I say gently. I wipe away Tay's tears but more appear a second later.

"Um, you, the blanket, the lamp, my phone, the window." Taylor says as I feel her calm down a little more. I go through the list of things to calm her down if she has a panic attack. She starts to cry softly once she feels better.

"Do you want to go to the doctor? Your ribs might be hurt because of your fall," I say, rubbing her arm gently.

"Yes please, it hurts to move, and breathe," Tay says. I nod and schedule an appointment quickly before laying back down.

"I'm so sorry you feel this way baby," I say, running my fingers up and down her arm until she falls asleep. I wake up early the next day and get ready. I walk back into the bedroom and see Taylor's arms wrapped around her legs and her chin is placed on her knees. "Baby." I say softly. She slowly looks up and her eyes fill with tears. My heart breaks seeing her in so much pain. I sit down next to her and she starts to sob into my arms.

"Everything hurts!" Tay says sobbing. I hold her tightly until she calms down a little.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I wish I could take away your pain. We're going to the doctor in an hour," I say. Taylor slowly tries to get up but groans and lays back into my lap. "I'll get you an outfit, you can get ready in bed and I can carry you if you don't feel like walking." Taylor quietly wipes her tears away as I pull one of my big hoodies out with a pair of sweatshorts and bring it back to her. I help her put on the clothes as she starts to do her hair. I carry her out to the car and we drive to the doctor. We get inside and I help her to the back.

"So, what's going on?" The doctor asks.

"Taylor said that her ribs really hurt and the hospital didn't mention anything about it," I say.

"We can take close up x-rays, they may be bruised, unlikely broken, she wouldn't be walking, most likely bruised," The doctor says. A few doctors roll Taylor back in a wheelchair. They come back almost 30 minutes later with results.

"Is Tay okay?" I am worried.

"Her ribs are bruised, we can't really do a lot other than give you some medicine for pain, you can put an ice pack on it or a heating pad to relieve pain, deep breathing may help but it will be painful, just rest, sleeping but sleep on your back, both side got bruised so it would hurt more to sleep on your side. You also need to make sure your diet is really good. I know you struggled with an eating disorder in the past, you have to keep your diet healthy and stay hydrated. It's normal to get fevers with bruised ribs or a bad cough. If you have to cough, try to hold a pillow against your chest, it'll make it less painful. Some people cough up blood with bruised or broken ribs, if that happens, call us immediately," The doctor says. I notice Taylor starts to panic and I take her hand.

"Thank you," I say. Taylor and I stand up and walk to the car. "How do you feel?" I ask.

"I don't know, I feel like crap. My ribs hurt so bad," Taylor says, curling up tight in her car seat.

"Aw I'm sorry baby. You can have some medicine when we get home, and an ice pack," I say. Tay slowly nods and falls asleep as we drive home. I smile down at her knowing at least she isn't in pain at the moment.