Oh Poor Baby

TW: sad. (717 words)

requests!! ->

TRAVIS' POV

"Hold on, I'm getting a call," Taylor says. We're in a fancy restaurant right before her show in Dublin. I nod as Tay takes the call. She answers, listens for a second and starts to cry. I'm confused but sit down next to her in the booth. She hangs up and I wrap my arms around her. She cries for a few minutes and slowly sits up. I wipe tears away from her eyes but more start to form. I pull her closer to me and she starts to cry a little more. "What happened sweetie? Is everything okay?" I ask rubbing her back. She shakes her head and looks up at me with her beautiful blue eyes.

"It's Benji, he escaped and he's lost, they can't find him," Tay finally says.

"Oh Tay, baby," I whisper. She starts to cry again and I kiss the top of her head. "It'll be okay, we'll find him, everything will work out, I promise." Tay slowly nods and I wipe tears away.

"I want to go home," Tay finally whispers. I nod and help her up. I pull a jacket over her arms and grab her purse. We get to the car and we drive to the hotel. We sit down on bed as Taylor starts to sob. I pull her into my chest and rub her back trying to calm her down. Tree knocks on the door and it bursts open after a second of the two of us not moving.

"Taylor Alison Swift! I swear you better have a damn good reason about why you aren't at the stadium right now! You are performing in 2 hours! Get your ass to that stadium right now!" Tree shouts. Then she sees Taylor slowly looking up at her with tear stained cheeks and she nods. "Oh, Taylor, I'm so sorry, I didn't know, what happened? I'm so sorry for yelling." Tree says sitting down at a desk chair. Taylor looks up at me and nods.

"Something happened to Benji, he's missing. They think he escaped," I say. Tree's eyes fall a little and she relaxes.

"I'm so sorry Taylor, I'm sure they can find him," Tree says. Taylor nods and wipes her eyes.

"We'll go to the stadium right now. And please don't tell me no, because I want it to be as normal as possible. I don't want the dancers and singers to treat me differently because of this, just let me perform," Taylor says standing up. Tree and I look at each other and nod. I hug Tay quickly and we walk to the car. Taylor performs the show, and I can tell she wants to cry, but she's so strong. As soon as she finishes the show she runs into my arms. I kiss her and we hold each for a few minutes.

"Do you want to go home Taylor? Maybe we can try to find Benji," I say. Taylor nods. We fly back home, we arrive the next day after the 14 hour flight. We drive back to the Rhode Island house and Taylor and I quickly start searching the streets, her backyard, around the house, anywhere Benji could be. We decide to split up and I begin to look around houses nearby, thinking maybe he ran into one of their houses. Taylor drives into town and looks around. I get a call from Tay after looking for almost 3 hours.

"Trav-" Taylor starts. I hear her burst into tears and I jump up. I ran to my car and drove to her location. I see her sitting in the street. She's looking down at a small limp body. My heart drops to my stomach as I realize what the limp body is. I jump out of the car and run to Taylor. She collapses into my arms sobbing. I pull her into the tightest hug and she curls tight to me.

"Tay, I'm so sorry, he's in a better place now," I say. "I know everybody says that, but he's at peace."

"Trav-" Taylor starts. "You promised me. You promised he would be okay." Taylor's voice breaks. She looks up at me with teary blue eyes. I feel my eyes well up and she buries her face into my shoulder. "You promised."