Chapter 17: Andrea

"You shouldn't be out here." A deep southern accent calls from behind me.

"JESUS H CHRIST!" I scream, spinning around and falling off my crutches, only to end up in the same arms that were around me merely minutes ago. "You scared the crap out of me." I laugh breathlessly, looking up at him.

"Sorry." He shrugs, a small smirk on his face before lifting me up and resting against the fence before grabbing my crutches and handing them to me.

"Thanks." I smile, slipping them under my arms and looking back onto our Walker infested field. "We gotta do something." I state, not looking away from the field.

"What do ya mean?"

"We can just sit on our asses and let him take what's ours, well yours... Me and my brothers only been here a few days but we've already gotten so close with you guys and Rick and Carl are practically family and I'm rambling and I'll stop, I'm sorry." I laugh awkwardly, a small blush slipping on my face as I stare down at my boots.

"It's don't bother me." He mumbles, looking out onto the field. "Rick's callin' everybody back in." he announces before walking back inside, not even a glance back at me.

***

"Take watch. Eyes open, head down." Rick begins giving orders as he hands Maggie a set of the master keys. "Field's filled with walkers. I didn't see any snipers out there, but we'll keep Maggie on watch." He explains, walking towards the small group of us, Michonne, Hershel, Daryl, Derek and I. Carol and Beth are with the baby and Josh and Carl are on watch.

"I'll get up in the guard tower, take out half them walkers, give these guys a chance to fix the fence." Daryl suggests.

"Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place." I add.

"We can't access the field without burning through our bullets." Hershel points out.

"So we're trapped in here." Glenn snaps from behind. "There's barely any food or ammo."

"Been here before." Daryl mentions. "We'll be all right."

"That's when it was just us." Glenn states, his eye linger towards me and my brother before locking eyes with Daryl. "Before there was a snake in the nest."

"Man, we gonna go through this again? Look, Merle's stayin' here." Daryl barks, "He's with us now. Get used to it." He spits before walking off.

"Hey." Rick calls, Daryl stepping away.

"All y'all." He looks around before walking off, something in me telling me to follow, so I do. Derek grabs my arm and I lightly shake him off, walking as fast as I can with these stupid crutches. Climbing the stairs and following him into the far cell at the end of the cell block. "I ain't need your sympathy." He sasses, back facing me as he fidgets with his crossbow.

"Glenn's just a little worked up. First he gets kidnapped, or man-napped, then he almost gets beaten to death, then he goes out to try and find the Governor only to come back and see he missed him. I'm not saying his actions and words are justified, just cut him a little slack..." I explain, not moving from my spot.

"And how come you aren't trynna get rid of Merle the same?" He questions, turning around and staring into my eyes with an icy glare.

"Forgive and forget." I shrug. "I was never that good at holding grudges... plus like you said, he's one of us now, so we all better start getting used to it. And like they always say, twos better than one, hell look at what you two did for Rick yesterday. If it weren't for the two of you he'd probably be dead..." I explain, Daryl sitting down on the bed, looking at his sheath of arrows.