break down a little

requested by repsfav

——travis's pov:
i finished up my gym session with the boys and headed back home to taylor. she had just finished up her last show in london, which meant we could finally be together after a month of separation and constant facetime calls.

on the drive home, i listen to a playlist with my favorite songs, which at the moment are; so high school, the alchemy, and my all time favorite, blank space. i've been a 1989 stan since day one, it was such an amazing album in every aspect.

after my quick drive home, i open the door, set my bags down and kick off my shoes. i glanced at the clock which read 11am, which meant it was likely taylor was already awake, or about to wake up shortly.

he didn't see her in any of her usual spots like the couch or her little reading book in the corner of the living room. i didn't think too much of it until i heard sobs coming from upstairs.

my first thought was obviously taylor. was she okay? what happened to her? did she hurt herself? about a million questions flooded to my mind at that exact moment, but i still needed to get to taylor.

i rushed up the stairs, olivia following right behind me, i loved her cats so much, even though i was more of a dog person to be honest.

i reach our bedroom door, giving a little warning knock before i enter the room. "come in" i hear a small voice say in between sobs.

her appearance made me want to cry. her eyes were red and puffy, she had mascara running down her cheeks and from the looks of it, it looks like she's been crying for hours.

"babygirl, what's the matter? are you okay?" i ask, rushing over to her side of the bed.

she didn't respond for a while, whatever was on her little mind was going to be tricky to get out, but i wanted to help her.

i knew she commonly had panic attacks, but most times they were manageable, and i could help her get through them, but i had a feeling the reasoning behind this one was something that's been picking at her for weeks, even months.

i hated that she felt like she needed to bottle up all of her emotions, but then it would usual result in a terrible panic attack like this one.

"c'mere baby. i've got you" i murmured, hoisting her into my lap. i wrapped her in a tight hug, and just held her in my lap for what felt like ages until she stopped completely bawling.

"breath tay, you're okay." i whispered, she didn't respond. i didn't need her to say anything, but i wanted her to know she can talk to me about quite literally anything.

"honey, do you want me to call your mom? do you wanna talk to her?" i offered, beginning to dial andrea's number into my phone as taylor slowly nodded, wiping the tears out of her eyes.

the phone rung and rung as we waited for andrea to pick up. but unfortunately she didn't answer the phone, it went to voicemail.

more tears began to well up in her eyes, i felt horrible. i knew she might not open up as well to me, but maybe i could get her to talk to someone she has known longer.

"baby, do you wanna talk to me, or someone else? i promise i wont be offended if you wanna talk to a friend, sometimes you just need someone else, yeah?" i suggested, scrolling through her contacts.

"how about blake? she's always been there for you." i mumble. taylor and blake are the closest friends i could ever imagine, so i figure maybe taylor might open up more to her.

i could understand if she didn't want to open up to me. i would obviously be there if she wanted to talk or anything, but if she would rather talk to a friend, or maybe it was something she felt like i wouldn't understand, or be able to relate to.