Chapter 35: Silent Vows

Ryujin's POV:

I'm just sitting in my room, staring out of the window, the city lights flickering like the chaos in my head. I kissed Yeji. I kissed her, and now she knows who I am—who I really am. The thought twists in my gut, but I can’t think straight. Alcohol made everything hazy that night, but the look in her eyes when she realized... it wasn’t the liquor.

A knock on the door pulls me out of my spiraling thoughts.

"Come in," I call, my voice sounding distant even to myself.

Winter steps in, her face serious. "Tomorrow, when we go to eliminate Yeonjun, the security will be tight. The President will be there too. That means we’ll have to go all out. Everyone will need to be present."

I nod, her words sinking in. There’s no room for mistakes tomorrow, not when it’s this big. But my mind keeps drifting back to Yeji—how close we were, how everything changed in an instant.

Tomorrow’s mission is crucial, but all I can think about is how I’ll face her again. The woman who’s been hunting me, the woman I love.

"Can you inform this to everyone?" She asks "I need to contact someone real quick" she adds

I stand up, trying to shake off the weight of my thoughts, and nod at Winter. "Yeah, I’ll inform the others."

As I make my way to the living room where everyone usually gathers, the gravity of tomorrow’s mission settles in. This is it—the moment we’ve been preparing for. But with everything that's happened, especially with Yeji, my mind isn’t as clear as it should be. I can’t afford to let emotions cloud my judgment, not now.

I open the door to the living room and see Hyunjin, Chaeryeong, and the others already seated. They look up as I step in.

“We need everyone tomorrow,” I say, voice steady despite the turmoil inside. “Security will be tight, and the President’s going to be there. This is bigger than we thought, so we’re going all out. Be ready.”

Hyunjin meets my gaze, his expression unreadable. Chaeryeong nods, and I can feel the tension in the room. Tomorrow is make or break—for all of us.

As everyone listens in silence, I feel the weight of the moment pressing down on me. This has to end. Tomorrow can't just be about Yeonjun anymore. No more running, no more loose ends. It's time to put everything on the line and take out the one person who holds the power- the President.

I take a deep breath, gathering my resolve. "Tomorrow... we're not just eliminating Yeonjun." I pause, looking at each of them. "We're going to end this, once and for all. That means eliminating the President too."

There's a brief silence before Hyunjin speaks up, his voice low. "Are you sure? That's going to make everything a lot messier."

I nod, feeling the certainty settle in my bones. "If we take him out, no one will be able to stand in our way. All the people protecting him, the politicians, the entire system they've built-it'll fall apart."

Winter exchanges a glance with Hyunjin, and I can tell they're weighing the risks. But they both know that there's no turning back from this. We've gone too far.

"We'll need to be careful. This is going to be bigger than anything we've ever done," Chaeryeong says, her tone serious.

"I know," I respond. "But tomorrow... we end it all."

Everyone nods in agreement, though the tension is thick in the air. I can feel the unease simmering beneath the surface, but there's no other way. Tomorrow will either bring us freedom or destroy everything we've built. And for me, tomorrow means facing Yeji, knowing that I can't let my feelings get in the way. It's time to finish this once and for all.