He Saw Me

Edited

~Unknown~

It's a warm day at Camp Half-Blood as I sit hidden in the woods watching him sit by the water. He doesn't know I exist, but he has never met me. I'm thinking about introducing myself, but I am not supposed to be here. I have kept myself away from satyrs searching for demigods, I don't want to be found until I am sure I can face my brother. I come here every day, hoping I get the courage to come out of my hiding spot, but I have no luck. Frequently, I think about grabbing a pine cone and throwing it at the back of his head to get him to come to me, but I can't muster the strength.

I don't know what to do, so I stand up to leave. As I start to walk away, I step on a twig, and it snaps surprisingly loud for such a small stick. I turn around and he is looking into the forest. I am not sure if he sees me, but I run and hear footsteps behind me. I trip and look behind me and he is standing in front of me, curiously.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, just a scrape on my knee," I reply, dropping my gaze to look at the rip in my jeans.

"I haven't seen you at camp before. Are you new?" He asked seeming confused.

"No, I don't go to this camp," I state, quite embarrassed.

"So you're from Camp Jupiter?" He said with a smile on his face.

"No, the truth is I don't go to either of the Demigod camps," He looked at me confused.

"What do you mean? You are a demigod aren't you?" He looked at me with a small fleck of fear in his eyes.

"Yes, I am a demigod, but I have been in hiding, I wasn't ready to show my face yet. I have a secret no one knows about."

"Well, If you need someone to share it with, I am your man,"

"I don't know you that well," I started to think of a way to get out of here without him asking any questions.

"Well, I'm Percy Jackson. Now that you know me, will you tell me?" He knelt down in front of me.

"Well, I have a brother at this camp, but he doesn't know I'm his sister. He doesn't even know I exist."

"Well, tell me his name and I will help you find him." He said standing up, helping me off the ground.

"Well, it won't be that hard to find him, since he isn't far from here," He looked at me, confused. I didn't want to say it, so I was giving him little hints. " His name starts with a 'P',"

"Is it Peter?"

"No, It's Percy, Percy Jackson."

His smile slowly turned into a frown. "I don't have a sister."

"Not one that you knew of," I started to walk away. He stopped me by grabbing my hand and turning me around.

"Wait, where are you going? What's your name?" He looked as if he had a thousand questions, but he wasn't quite sure where to start.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I turned around to leave, but I felt I owed him something for disrupting his life, so I decided to tell him my name. "My name's Brooke," and with that I left, leaving him in the forest, alone and confused.

Once I was sure he wouldn't hear me, I let my emotions crumple me. I dropped to my knees, clutching my stomach; letting my wet, hot tears stream down my cheeks and land on the dirt in front of me. I stared at them as they dropped, disappearing into the Earth. I couldn't do that again, I couldn't face him and walk away without him following.

"Well, dad. I finally did it, and look what happened." I muttered bitterly under my breath, knowing he could hear me; knowing he couldn't do anything about it. After my vision cleared and my breathing evened out, I got to my feet and made my way home.

~Percy~

She left me standing in the forest. I thought about following her, but Annabeth was calling for me, and I couldn't disappear again, not after what Hera did. I turned around, taking one last look at where she disappeared, and ran to tell Annabeth.

Annabeth was walking down the beach calling my name. She had already walked past where I was coming out of the woods. I sneaked up behind her and was just about to scare her when all I hear is, "Don't even think about it, Seaweed Brain." She gets me every time.

"How'd you know I was there?" I put a sad look on my face. She turned around to look me in the eye.

"You weren't being as stealthy as you thought." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I have something very important to tell you, it is a little surprising, but if I can handle it so can you."

"Just spit it out, Percy!" She knew I was trying to tell her something crucial, but I couldn't get it out.

"I have a sister," I blurted, grabbing onto her arms.

Her eyes went wide. She stood in front of me with a thousand questions. "How do you know? What's her name? Can I meet her? What's she-"

"Annabeth!" She stopped talking and looked at me. Curiosity drowning in her eyes. "I know because she was in the woods, and when she went to walk away she stepped on a twig and I followed her. She tripped and fell, so I helped her up. She said she had a brother in this camp, that didn't know she was his sister. And when I told her I would help her she said his name started with a 'P' so I guessed it was Peter. But she said no and told me I was her brother, and then she walked away. But as she was walking away, she said her name was Brooke. And I can't bring you to meet her because I don't know where she went."

She looked disappointed. I knew she was excited for me and wanted to meet Brooke. But I didn't know where Brooke went, or if she would be coming back.