"You've got a friend in me,"~Toy Story Soundtrack

Edited

~Brooke~

We followed Grover to the Big House. We entered and the place looked like it had been ransacked. "What the hell happened here?" I asked. Percy and Annabeth flinched at the mention of the word 'hell'. Oh, right. Tartarus. I mentally face palmed. I had just brought up such bad memories for my brother and his girlfriend. 

"That creep that we went on that quest for, Brandon, he went missing and so did Rachel." Grover explained. "But I have no idea what happened here."

"Well, Rachel is gone. That is what makes me mad, Brandon can go do whatever he wants, but he doesn't mess with my friends." Percy said, clenching his fists. Annabeth rested her head on his shoulder as Grover put a hand on his other. I felt bad for my brother. Rachel had saved him in the war against Kronos and in that school against Kelli. Now, she was missing.

And it has something to do with Brandon.

I balled my own hands into fists as I saw what this event was doing to my brother. Over the short amount of time that I have known Rachel, I had gotten to know her. We had exchanged cellphone numbers and talked during our spare time.

It scared the crap out of me when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw that it was Leo. "It's gonna be okay," he whispered next to me. "We'll find her and Brandon and figure out what happened." He put an arm around me, pulling me in for a hug. I couldn't say no since he was just trying to comfort me. He rubbed my back while I buried my head in his shoulder. Suddenly I felt him move my arms. He turned me around. I was greeted by another hug. I opened my eyes for a split second to see who it was. I didn't get much of a look. All I know is that is it one of the boys. I took a deep breath in through my nose and noticed the scent of salt water. It was Percy.

"It's okay, Brooke. We'll find our friend." He said in a serious voice. It was kind of soothing to hear him talk like this. But, it also made me angry to know that he wasn't using his happy and goofy tone. It always cheered me up.

"But what if we don't? How are we supposed to know where to go? She is the one that normally gives us prophecies and that's how we find out where to go," I said in a small voice so only he could hear me.

"We just will," he said adding a smile. I pulled away from his warm embrace to find everyone looking at the floor. Some with tears in their eyes, some with angry expressions. I knew that with the ten of us looking we would find her. We have too. We just have too.

~Nico~

I walked into my cabin and found Addy sitting on my bed. "Hey, short stack. What's up?" I asked looking at her.

"The seven plus Tyson, Brooke, and Grover ran off to the big house. They wouldn't tell me what happened." She said with a confused look on her face.

"Well, I have something I need you to do." A smile spread across her face as she started bouncing a little bit on the bed.

"What? What is it?" She asked, excitably.

"I need you to go talk to the Aphrodite girls for me about helping me plan something for Brooke's birthday. It's coming up in a few days and I need some help. I have never like someone this much before. I have no idea what to get her." I replied as a smile spread across her face.

"OK." She said before skipping/sprinting off towards the Aphrodite cabin. I smiled at how happy she was all the time. It was so unlike a child of Hades. But then I thought of Hazel and what she had been through all those years ago in Alaska, yet she always has a smile on her face. So it is probably just uncommon for me. Since I lost Bianca and Zoe on the same quest. Zoe was like a sister to me and Bianca was my sister.

But now I had two sisters who loved me. Hazel being like Zoe, brave and selfless. Addy being like Bianca, carefree and filled with fun. I could feel a smile creep onto my face. These two had transformed me from being distant and dark, to being able to ask out one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. Sisters can really do a number on you, but I was glad to have them.

I saw a small figure sprinting towards me. It was her dark hair that gave her away as being Addy. She jumped on the bed. "They said that they would come and talk to you, and that they are bringing Piper along with them." She said, still jumping on the bed.

 Great. Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite, friend of Brooke Jackson, was going to help me do something for her friends birthday. Best day of my life. Note the sarcasm. I looked out the door one more time and saw a group of girls in pink walking towards my cabin.

There was one that stood out to me. She was wearing an orange camp shirt and jean shorts. She had a dagger on her belt along with the cornucopia. She had a huge smile on her face as she noticed me close the door. I heard her laugh since Addy had opened the window to yell a greeting to one of the daughters of Aphrodite.

"Hi, Piper." She yelled, continuing to jump on the bed even though her head was out the window. "Hi Hazel." With the mention of my sister, I hid in the shadows.

~After Dinner in the Poseidon Cabin~
~Brooke~

I was laying in my bed after dinner, not wanting to be at the joyful camp fire while my friend was missing.  I heard my phone buzzed. I was too upset to look at who or what it was. Then I heard it go off a few more times. I reluctantly looked at my phone to see who it was from.

Rachel.