Just Playin' Around... Again

Edited

~Brooke~

I woke up in the middle of the night to yelling. It was coming from the other side of the wall. The boys' room. I looked around, all the other girls were asleep. I put pajama pants to cover my spandex and crept out of the hotel room in my bunny slippers, trying not to wake anyone. I walked to the boys' room and knocked on the door. Frank opened the door. looking quite annoyed.

"What's with all the yelling? I'm trying to sleep." I half-whined. He looked me up and down, from my french braids to my bunny slippers.

"Come in and find out for yourself." He mumbled to me, obviously angry at whom ever was yelling. I'm guessing they had woken him up, just like they had me.

I walked in and heard Leo yelling at Nico. One of them said my name but they hadn't seen me yet, making that obvious by the fact that they were still both yelling at each other. "What is all the yelling about?" I gave them an angry look and put my hands on my hips.

They jumped when they heard me. They both blushed, obviously embarrassed that I heard them fighting, but they were still glaring daggers at each other. I notice Percy in the corner, looking mad. He must know what the argument was about, and wasn't happy about it. Neither Leo nor Nico answered me. "Percy?" I asked, waiting for an explanation.

"Well, I don't really want to tell the story. I would just get angrier and drown one of my poor, back-stabbing friends," he gave an angry look towards Leo and Nico.

I looked at them accusingly. "What did you do?" I looked at each one of them. Neither of them saying anything. "Don't make me wake up the other girls," I threatened.

"Ask Jason," they said pointing to Jason who was banging his head against the wall in frustration.

He looked at me at the mention of his name. "Don't look at me, I think I wight have a slight concussion." He rubbed his forehead, sitting down on one of the queen beds.

I looked back at Nico and Leo who were still scowling at each other. That expression didn't look good on either of their faces. "Well? Am I getting an explanation or not?" I tapped my foot, impatiently.

"Go ask Piper," they said in unison, not stopping their glares at each other. I threw my arms up in frustration and walked out of their room, back to mine, and shook Piper awake.

"Where's the danger?" She shouted, sitting upright and looking around.

"In the room next door. Leo and Nico are having a fight. They mentioned my name at some point in time but I didn't hear the words around it. Neither of them would tell me what they were arguing about. So I asked Percy.. But since he seemed mad and said that if he were the one to tell me the story he would, and I quote, 'end up drowning one of his poor, back-stabbing friends'. Then Nico and Leo pointed to Jason, who was banging his head on the wall and said he might have a slight concussion. And then they told me to come to you. So here I am," I finished, out of breath.

She gave me the short version of the story. Telling me about Nico's confession and Leo's denial. In the end, she smiled and came with me back to the room. I looked at Nico and Leo, shocked. Leo was holding fire in his hands, threatening to throw it at Nico who had his sword drawn, and Percy was making no attempt to put out Leo's fire. "Perseus Achilles Jackson, you put out that fire right now, Olympus knows Leo won't do it," Piper said sternly from next to me. Percy sprayed them both down with water until they were soaked to the skin. "And you two. Don't think you're gonna get off easy." She glared at them, causing them to lower their gaze.

"Now, you two better explain yourselves," she said this part in a calmer voice that seemed even more threatening. She listened to Nico's version, then Leo's version. Finally she said she would listen to Jason, Frank, and Percy tell the story. Surprisingly, Grover was still sleeping. I lay there, my head on a pillow in my brother's lap, listening halfheartedly. With Percy pulling my bangs out of my face every time they would fall, I slowly drifted off to sleep as everyone told their version of the story.