"But seventeen is an inconvenient time to fall in love."~Kat 'If I Stay'

Edited

~Nico~

Did I just hear what I think I heard? I thought to myself. Did she really just say she would go out with me?

"Yes," I heard a small voice say. Then I remembered the small five year old bouncing on the bed next to me. She must have registered the confused look on my face. "You were saying all of that out loud." I mentally face palmed. Great. I thought, making sure to cover my mouth so that if I did say that out loud it would just be a small noise. 

Now to go find Brooke. I didn't know what to call her. Girlfriend? Or just Brooke? I decided not to worry about it. I stood up, and picked up the jumping bean that was my little sister. "Come on. Help me find Brooke?" I asked as she hung upside down over my shoulder, squealing. She stopped as soon as I said Brooke's name.

"Yeah," she said, beaming with excitement. "But put me down first." She started banging on my back. I turned so I was facing away from Brooke's bed. I backed up so the back of my knees were touching it, and dropped her. She broke out in laughter.

"Come on. Last one to find her is a rotten egg." I said running out the door. She quickly followed behind. She ran to the Aphrodite cabin as I ran to the water.

~Brooke~

I was hiding in the Athena cabin. I knew he was trying to find me, and I knew he had an apprentice. Annabeth had let me borrow her Yankees cap. I turned invisible as soon as I slipped it on my head, pulling my ponytail through the back. I hid on Annabeth's bunk. Then I saw a small girl run in. The Apprentice. I thought to myself.

"I know you're here, Brooke. I can sense you." Crap! Stupid powers of the children of Hades.  She started making her way to top bunk I was hiding on. I pressed myself against the wall. She reached out and climbed up to crouch next to me. She studied where I was and grabbed the hat off my head. "Gotchya!" She screamed going to the door. Nico walked by. "Nico!" She yelled, waving for him to come in. He walked in. His eyes caught mine and I tried to bolt out the door. He grabbed me by the waist.

"Oh no you don't. You're not getting away again." He turned me to face him. His eyes searched my face. I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Who said I was getting away?" I asked giving him a sweet smile. He leaned in to kiss me, but when he was about to, I squirted him in the face with water. "Bye." I said laughing hysterically. His hair was sticking to his face from being soaking wet. That made me laugh more. I ran back to my cabin and found Percy there. "Hide me!" I screeched, running behind him. I set my hands on his shoulders and peaked over them like I was watching a scary movie I couldn't turn away from. Then Nico came in, still wet. Percy broke out laughing.

"Dude, what happened to you?" He asked between laughs.

"Oh, haha. Now, where's Brooke?" Nico said obviously noticing by bright orange converse. Percy reached behind him and grabbed my wrists.

"Is this the Brooke your looking for?" He asked pulling me out from behind him.

"No no no no no no no no!" I said as he was dragging me out from behind him.

"It just happens to be." He said,with mischief on his eyes. Then I noticed he wasn't wearing his dark jeans any more. He was wearing swim trunks. He grabbed me around the waist and put me over his shoulder again.

"Di Angelo, don't you dare go towards the water!" I warned, banging on his back.

"Oh you mean this water?" He asked before jumping in.