Chapter 9

June 24th, 1988

"You're going on a run?" Apparently, Jax is as confused as I am

"You're going on a run?" Apparently, Jax is as confused as I am. Hunter was heading out the door, all sporty equipped, when I caught him.

"Yeah, so?" He rolls his eyes, as annoyed as ever. "Do you never go for a run, Jax?"

"I do, but not right now. I'm pretty sure I didn't even bring sneakers." This is probably true, all I've seen Jax wear were his normal Doc Martens, not even a pair of flip-flops in sight.

"Well, that's too bad. I'm going now, bye." He closed the front door and we could hear his footsteps getting away. Me and Jax exchanged looks and we were both thinking the same:

"Let's follow him." Jax said it for me and, honestly, I couldn't be happier for the fact that I sleep in my normal clothes (otherwise, I'd have to change).

We followed him at a respectable distance until we reached the beach. He was constantly turning his head to his right side, where all the people were. Was he looking for someone?

He stopped tweaking his head and finally smiled, slowing down his pace and getting on the sand.

"Hey." I was reading a lovely novel when a sudden shadow towered over me. I look up, putting my hand over my eyes so I can stare at who it is.

It's the bartender, Hunter.

"Hi." Avril is tanning, taking a nap next to me and she doesn't even flinch at the sound of our voices. I sit up and try to cover my body with a t-shirt.

"I was running around when I spotted you."

"Ah." How convenient, I'm pretty sure I told him yesterday that I'd be here.

Nah, it must be my imagination. He can't be following me. Can he?

"Do you have water?" I immediately started looking inside my bag for a water bottle.

"Here." I hand it to him, even though he doesn't look tired. I'm pretty sure he's not even sweaty. He sits down on the sand at the sound of a loud sigh.