Chapter 4

June 19th, 1988

My head is killing me

I drag myself to the bathroom, take an aspirin, and clean my face with cold water.

I look up to meet my reflection in the mirror and the effects of yesterday's afterparty: dark circles around my eyes, red cheeks from the warm sleep, messy hair, and a mushy face. I look absolutely wrecked.

Yet, I still smile.

I won't lie, we had the time of our lives at that stage: a cheering crowd, lots of compliments from the festival's agents and we were in the spotlight for once. I couldn't be more thrilled.

I make my way to the living room and look at our kitchen clock: 1 pm - a reasonable time to call Lucy again.

I grab the number once again, I have almost memorized it by the many times I dialed it. I'm not surprised that she doesn't answer so I smash my phone against its stand.

"Easy there, champ." I hear Jax's voice from behind me, he looks as bad as I do.

"I have a feeling that she's simply being a bitch." I untie my messy hair and tie it up again. "She wasn't the most excited that I'd spend the summer here." Jax sighs loudly.

"Just let her go, man." He makes his way to the kitchen and I follow behind, sitting at the table. "She gives off an odd vibe anyway."

Jax makes us scrambled eggs and a pot of coffee. "I just don't understand why she'd give me her number and then ignore all my calls."

"I don't understand girls." Jax sighs and I sigh too.

"I think we absolutely killed it last night

"I think we absolutely killed it last night." Sonny woke up a few hours later and, despite his hangover, is now having some beers. "Hopefully we'll get on the stage again in a few nights. I have a meeting with the manager tomorrow."

We see a head peeking through the living room's arch, and greet it good morning - guess Hunter is up. We're met with the usual growl, while he pours himself a black coffee.

"When will we get paid for last night's concert?" Jax asks, curious.

"I'll probably get the cash during the meeting. It will be distributed equally, as discussed." I'm not used to listening to Sonny talking so professionally. I think last night got into his head. "However..." He makes a dramatic pause and we all widen our eyes, expectant.