Chapter 10

June 25th, 1988

"I think we should do something this weekend

"I think we should do something this weekend." Jax was watching MTV, Sonny and I were just having breakfast.

"What do you want to do?" Sonny asks, his mouth stuffed with bacon.

"I don't know. I've heard there are some excursions around the volcanos and such." We both look at Jax. It is as if all of us would agree on something like that.

"I don't mind going." Sonny says. "But Hunter might."

"He can stay. I bet he'll enjoy chasing girls more than going on a hike." Sonny and Jax nod silently. "We should go today. We won't have many more days off."

"Actually, I think I'll stay." Sonny announces, after exchanging looks with me. "I'll try to cheer Hunter up a bit. I don't want a bad vibe between all of us."

"Alright, then Jax and I are going out." I put my plate and mug away in the sink. "I'm gonna get dressed."

If Jax wasn't my best friend, I would probably be his worst bully

"It's not that bad!" I'm cracking my ass laughing at his stupid hat. He has one of those fishing hats on, a band t-shirt and cargo shorts, a flannel shirt tied around his waist, and the ugliest pair of shoes ever imaginable.

"Now I know why you always wear Docs." I chuckle. Jax is really the only one that can make me laugh like this.

"They're my dad's. He insisted I brought them." He sighs loudly while we gather with the rest of the group that is going on the excursion with us.

"Hey! Can I join you two?" A Chinese man approaches us, he looks around thirty years old and smiles wide and friendly. I open my mouth to answer but Jax is always faster than me.

"Sure thing, bud! What's your name?"

"Ross." Jax puts his arm around Ross's neck.

"Welcome to the cool squad, Ross. I'm Jax and this is Holt." He points at me while I melt in embarrassment. Sometimes Jax can't be just an extrovert, he has to be an extra extrovert.