Apologies

Hello readers, I know this year started strong with my story, but it suddenly came to a halt. I know I touched on reasons why in some of the last few updates/chapters I published which was due to not feeling inspired on top of trying to keep my seasonal depression from getting out of hand. I have successfully made it to my happy time-of-year without going through severe depression. I was getting ready to work on my stories until we got some horrible news involving our husky Zero. She was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer that cannot be cured. Treatment can only prolong life for 6 months to a year. We didn't even get that with our beautiful, sweet girl. She was gone in just a few weeks despite being cleared for chemo. We lost Zero August 14th and it's been a struggle since. 

Zero was more than just a pet, she was a big part of our family. Our first big dog. A personality like no one else's. The perfect bed buddy. The cure to an anxious night. The light in a room. I replay the times I'd come in through the door after not being over for awhile, and she'd jump up with excitement and we'd dance around. You don't know how much you miss saying a name until that someone is gone. All her nicknames. The songs, the jokes we made up about her. I wish I could look into her her blue eyes one last time and give her one more hug. I'm not a stranger to death, I've witnessed loved ones take their last breath, but none hurt as much as watching Zero take her last. I don't know what it is exactly. I know there's multiple reasons. 

Grief is strange, and so is death. No matter how much we're around it, or experience it - it's still so very difficult to navigate. It will always be a shock to our system when we realize someone we love is gone permanently. But at some point we must pick up and carry on. I can't stay here forever, and I won't. I've been feeling better due to it being the start of the Halloween season along with the coming of glorious Fall, but there are things around this time that remind me of Zero. Zero was named after the little ghost dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas since she was all white, we have a blow mold Zero for the yard with his little tombstone. I'm not one of those who shy away from things that remind me of the deceased, I embrace it. It hurts, but to push those things away is like denying the existence of that being. I'm having a difficult time letting go of Zero because I'm terrified of her just becoming a memory. I'm scared of forgetting things about her, those little special things. But it will be okay, it's just how things go. I will never forget Zero, just like I will never forget my family, my friends, and other pets that have passed on, but as time goes on we do not remember certain things about them as vividly as we used to, and that's okay 'cause - we never forget the most important thing of all... how much we love them.

Now for news about my story... I have decided to go back a few chapters and start over there. I know this is very aggravating as I'm sure those who have been reading have been looking forward to when I'd update and what was going to happen, being taken on an emotional rollercoaster. I've had a vision for my story ever since the beginning, but I kept losing sight of it until I went somewhere I didn't want to go. If you want to stop reading, or have already, I understand completely. I've had loads of fun writing this very cringy Ghost Face story, haha. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped make this the most popular story I have ever written. My nineteen year old self would be bawling with happiness right now. I appreciate you all so much, I really do.