Ch. 33

Hello readers, I'm sorry for the long absence. It's been a difficult two months, but I'm slowly getting back into writing. I was beginning to feel a little normal until my community and the surrounding areas were impacted with catastrophic flooding on my birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday to me, huh? My family and I are safe and our home has not been affected by the flooding, but we are being impacted in other ways. I feel greatly blessed that we have our home and all that, but I am deeply saddened for those who have lost everything. Some people still have loved ones that are missing on top of having their homes destroyed. We're expected to run out of water in a day or two and we're looking at possibly a week before water will be restored so we have evil people buying up water and re-selling it for massive amounts of money, it's just really frustrating and disheartening. But we'll keep moving forward. As always, thank you for reading. <3

Benjamin pulled his keys out of his pocket as he calmly made his way up Victoria's driveway. She knew he was coming over there, they had already spoken on the phone. Benjamin unlocked the door and casually entered the home. The sound of sniffling could be heard coming from the living room. Benjamin stepped into the room and found Victoria sitting on the couch in the dark. He switched on the light and she flinched. The weeping woman quickly stood up and turned around to face him.

"Please, Benjamin... I'm so, so sorry... please... I just... I'm crazy over Danny and I don't want to lose him!" she cried.

"And you think smashing his cat's head in would make him want to stay with you?! You're such a stupid bitch, Victoria!" Benjamin shouted. "I should've never brought you into this! All you've done is fuck everything up! I should've gut you two weeks ago!"

"I'm sorry! I swear! I just love Danny so much! I need him!" Victoria blubbered. "Please! Please give me another chance!"

Benjamin wanted to smash her head in with a hammer, but he couldn't get himself to do away with her. "Well, how in the hell do you expect to fix this? You said Danny was so angry that he burned you with his cigarette. Why do you even want to be with someone who hates you?"

"B-Because I know I can get him to love me! Autumn just needs to be gone! But you won't let me kill her!" Victoria sobbed.

Benjamin brought his hands up to his temples and massaged them as he exhaled slowly. "Autumn is not going anywhere. Period. Do you understand?"

Victoria hesitated. "Yes..." she replied reluctantly.

The frustrated man looked at her with his piercing blue eyes. "Good, I hope you truly do understand because your life depends on it."

"I do... I-I do..." she sniveled, bowing her head. "I'm sorry, Ben..."

There was just something about her that Benjamin couldn't quite explain, perhaps it was because she was his first follower, or maybe it was just plain and simple, he had feelings for her. Not strong enough to be in a relationship with her, but enough to have an emotional attachment to her. She could be great, but she chose to dumb herself down on a man that wished she was dead. "C'mere..." Benjamin said gently as he motioned for her to come to him.

Victoria was a bit hesitant as he had duped her before this way. Act sweet and caring until he got ahold of her. He'd then physically harm her in someway. Last time he dragged her through the house by her hair. Victoria knew if she didn't go to him, he'd definitely hurt her. She sauntered over to him where he took her into his arms and gingerly pressed her face into his chest.

"You need to learn patience and accept that things don't always go how we want them to," Benjamin said in a fatherly tone as he stroked the back of her head.

Victoria looked up at him. "Are... Are you making me breakup with Danny?" she asked.

"No. But I think you seriously need to give him some space. If you're truly hellbent on making this work, then you HAVE to be patient," Benjamin told her. "And I suppose I could help you out a little more."