Ch. 28

TW: Graphic depiction of suicide, mentions of abortion, and abuse

Autumn awoke sometime in the afternoon to find herself all alone in a cold house. She remembered Danny getting in bed with her, but she had no clue when he left. There were a few things certain though, the throbbing headache, her sore, swollen eyes, and the emotional pain she felt. It didn't take her eyes long to fill with tears and spill down her cheeks. Why did it have to hurt so badly? Autumn couldn't take feeling this way. She needed it to end. She needed peace from the pain. There wouldn't be any while she was still breathing for it hurt every breath she took. Autumn had no reason to continue living. All of her reasons had been taken away from her. No one needed her, no one would miss her.

Autumn forced herself out of bed and began frantically pulling things out of her bags, trying to find her medication. When she found the bottle she snatched it up and headed out of her room and started for the kitchen. That's when she saw the light on in the living room. She had forgotten about not having electricity, but she had it now. Danny must've had it turned on. That only made the pain she was feeling worse. Why did he even care? It was like a tease and she hated it. Autumn was going to return the favor though, he wasted his money on a dead girl. She made her way to the kitchen where she got a glass of water. Without any hesitation, she opened the pill bottle and dumped them into her hand. She dropped them all into her mouth except for two or three that fell onto the floor. She then began to wash them all down with the water. Autumn didn't stop swallowing water until the glass was empty. She stood there, staring down at the counter as tears streamed from her eyes. How long would it take? It wasn't working fast enough, she couldn't take the pain. Autumn just wanted it to end now. She suddenly blacked out and when she snapped out of it... she found herself on the floor with a bloody knife in her hand. It didn't take her long to realize where the blood had come from. Her left wrist was pouring blood, but she didn't feel any pain whatsoever.

Autumn dropped the knife and leaned back against the counter. She realized what she was doing to herself, what she had done. This wasn't what she wanted. Autumn didn't want to die, she just wanted the pain to go away... Luckily, her stomach churned nauseously from the high amount of anxiety and she began to vomit up all those pills she had swallowed. She felt a sense of relief when she saw all those pills lying in a puddle of bile on the floor. They were no longer in her body. But her wrist, it was still bleeding heavily. Autumn knew she needed medical attention, but how would she get to the hospital? She didn't want to be a bother to anyone. She then remembered Uber, she could have someone take her, but who would be willing to take her while she was bleeding like this? There was that one guy who had been so kind to her. He told her to let him know if she ever needed a ride. Well, she needed one now. He had sent her his number through the app. Would he be upset if she called him. Autumn pulled her phone out from her pocket and dialed his number. It rang a few times then someone answered.

"Hello?" they said.

"I-Is th-this B-B-Ben-Benjamin?" Autumn asked. Her voice was so hoarse she was surprised he could even understand her.

"It sure is, who's this?" he asked.

"Au-Autumn... y-y-y-y... y-you t-took me t-t-to the mall an-and I... I-I g-gave y-you a b... boba t-tea... r-r-rr-remember?"

"Uh-huh, I remember you. The pastel hair and bunny backpack," he replied in a friendly tone. "I enjoyed chauffeuring you around. Is there something you need?"

"Y-Yes... I-I n-n-need to... to g-go to th-the h-h-hos-hos-hospital..." Autumn replied. She felt somewhat light headed.

"Oh dear, I knew something was wrong by the sound of your voice. Please tell me your location, miss."