Tales of the enchanted mountain

**Patrick:** So, Celine, do you know that elves, dwarfs, and giants are part of Icelandic folklore?

**Celine:** Yes, I heard about it. I've read some stories and watched movies as well.

**Connor:** Do you know about the man and the elf?

**Celine:** No, this is the first time I am hearing about this.

**Connor:** Fine then, listen carefully. What I am about to say is based on a true story. Once upon a time, in a nearby village, a person was living there with his family. One day, when he went to the mountain (Alfaborg), on his way down he slipped and broke both of his legs. After an injury like that, he cried for help, but nobody listened. Since it was an ancient story, there was no modern equipment. He started to crawl as much as possible but only got a little far. When he was about to give up, suddenly a soft, cold breeze blew with a beautiful song, and when he looked around, there was an elf standing next to him.

**Man:** Who are you?

The person in silhouette answered with a beautiful female voice.

**Person:** I am just a person who happened to live in this mountain. Your legs, can you walk?

**Man:** No, can you help me? Please go to the village below the mountain and call some people. Tell them my name and they will come to help me.

**Person:** I am sorry, but I can't talk to a person I don't trust. I have a better way of fixing your leg.

**Man:** What?

The person came close and just touched the man's broken leg, and it was fixed.

**Man:** Who are you? Are you a witch?

The person cried, and then again a soft stream of air exposed her beautiful face. The man was shocked by the beauty of the elf.

**Elf:** Please promise me you are not going to tell anyone, not even your kids. Please.

The man, who was so shocked that he was only looking at her beauty, snapped out of it and promised her that he would not reveal her secret.

**Elf:** Before leaving, please finish your food.

The man finished his food and said it was delicious. "I will come here again to eat," he said, and left. When he reached his village, he found out that some children were missing.

People whispered: Not again.

**Man:** Do you think the stories are true? What stories? That they are kidnapped by a demon and being eaten.

The man thought to himself, "This is the 12th case. What's going on?"

**Wife:** You are late! You look a little lighter. Did something happen on the way?

The man, a little bit nervous, replied, "No, nothing," and turned around and smiled.

**Son:** Father, you are back!

The man hugged his son. One night, during a snowfall, all the family members were camping in the snow when suddenly a soft breeze blew and the man looked back but no one was there. When he looked forward, he stood up and got surprised. His child and wife were both missing. After searching for them the whole night, the next afternoon he went to the hill for her help.

**Elf:** Look at you, you look pretty exhausted. Did something happen?

**Man:** Suddenly, my child and wife went missing right before my eyes. Please find them before it's too late.

**Elf:** Don't worry, we will find them. I promise. First, eat something. You look like you haven't eaten since yesterday.

He was served food. After serving, she went outside. While eating his food, he found something hard. When he spat it out, it was a tooth. When he looked closely, it was a human tooth. After noticing that, he threw up and immediately went to the kitchen, knowing that the elf had gone outside. When he went to the kitchen, he found his child's and wife's heads on the wall. This whole time, he was eating human meat.