Echoes of the past

Celine:** So that's why you wanted to be an artist.

**Dorian:** Yes.

While they were talking, Olav and Johan were also engaged in a conversation. During that exchange, Olav said something to Johan, but Johan didn't agree with him. In response, Olav gave him a stern look.

**Johan:** Hey, you're scaring me.

**Olav:** Sorry, but give it some thought. I'll wait for your answer.

After an hour-long break, they packed their belongings and tents, preparing to move to another location.

**Celine:** I thought we were going to spend the night here.

**Briony:** Not really, we can visit two or three more tourist spots today, and we'll spend the night at the last one.

After visiting several more sites, they decided to spend the night near Gullfoss, at a place called Camping Gullfoss, which offers basic amenities like toilets.

Once their tents were set up, the cooking began. Some of the group helped the cooks, enjoying each other's company, while others started a campfire and gathered around it. Celine and Lilja were discussing how amazing the journey had been, while Erik was explaining something to Dorian.

**Lilja:** Hey, Celine, let's go.

**Celine:** Where?

**Lilja:** Over to Dorian—she's going to blow your mind.

**Celine:** I already know she's talented.

**Lilja:** This is different.

When they approached, Celine saw that Dorian was creating drawings based on Erik's descriptions.

**Lilja:** Since Erik is an archaeologist, he shares his ideas with Dorian, and she turns his words into artwork.

**Celine:** That's incredible.

After dinner, this routine continued for two days as they gradually covered all of Iceland, except for one place. On the third day, it was almost nightfall when they reached the Latrabjarg cliff, the last spot on their itinerary.

**Hans:** Hey, Kathy, did you really check the forecast?

**Kathy:** Yes, today's the day. We're lucky—we'll see it.

**Lilja:** Those two, Kathy and Hans, are both forensic scientists. They've been childhood friends, sharing the same dream since they were young—to become forensic scientists.

At 9 PM, everyone was having dinner together.

**Celine:** Is something going to happen? Everyone seems excited.

**Briony:** It's a surprise—just don't fall asleep, okay?

**Celine:** Okay, fine.

After dinner, they gathered around the campfire for their usual gossip. Celine noticed that Ansel was setting up his camera, looking more excited than anyone else. Seeing her watch him, Ansel called Celine and Lilja over to help him set up. Afterward, Celine asked if she could see his photos.

**Ansel:** Sure, take a look. You can even check my laptop—I've got some great shots.

Time seemed to fly by as they enjoyed themselves. Before they knew it, it was midnight, and what they had been waiting for finally appeared—the beautiful northern lights. Everyone was thrilled, especially Celine, who was experiencing it for the first time. She felt a deep sense of contentment as Ansel began capturing the moment with his camera. Meanwhile, Helmut was writing something, and Hans sat down beside him.