A Web of Deception

The scene shifts to the afternoon again. After Celine and Kathy finished their conversation in Kathy's room, Celine said, "I think I will be going now; I have work to do."

Kathy: Fine.

Kathy: Where is Miss Oberheuser?

Celine: I think she is in the kitchen with Katrin.

Kathy: Fine then.

Celine: Thanks for letting me into your room.

Kathy: Don't sweat it. You're welcome.

When Celine opened the door to leave, she was surprised.

Celine: What are you doing here?

Hans: I just got here. I wanted to talk to Kathy about something important.

Celine: Oh, sorry. I thought you'd been standing by the door for a while. You scared me.

Hans: It's alright. Sorry for scaring you.

After that, Celine left Kathy's room while Hans entered. Once inside, Hans locked the door. Instead of leaving, Celine stood outside with a grin.

**Inside Kathy's room:**

Hans: Let's organize your study room into a complete workspace lab.

Kathy: Fine.

They started organizing the room properly so it would be easier to operate in case of an important situation. Hans noticed a big teddy bear in the room.

Hans: When did you get that bear?

Kathy: Oh, that? I didn't buy it.

Hans looked a little concerned and asked, "Then who gave it to you?"

Kathy: When I went to buy lab materials, Miss Oberheuser gave one to me and one to Celine. It's beautiful, isn't it?

Hans: Yes, it is beautiful.

Kathy: Do you want me to put it in my bedroom?

Hans: Not really, keep it in here. I don't have a problem with it.

Hans then put his right hand on his chin and said, "It will be fine."

Hans: Ok, I'll leave the CCTV work to you. You're responsible for it, alright?

He said that in a louder voice.

Kathy replied in the same tone, "Ok."

Unbeknownst to them, Celine had been listening to their conversation outside Kathy's room. After their conversation ended, she left.

Some time later, we see Olav texting someone on his phone.

The message: *Hey, did you finish the presentation? Everything should go well tonight.*

At the same time, inside Celine's room, she was also texting someone.

The scene then shifts to the moment the CCTV signal gets disrupted. Kathy was panicking in front of the screen, trying to stay calm, but her concern for Hans was evident. She kept glancing at the clock, thinking if two minutes passed, she would go, even if it made Hans mad.

While Kathy was struggling, we see someone emerging from a turf house. We don't know who they are or what their goal is, but they were holding a small pen-sized object that wasn't a pen. They walked straight into the kitchen without any concern or hesitation.

**Back to the present scene:**

Unknown person: Oh, are you watching Kathy's turf house? Expecting her to save you?

Hans: Why would I?

After saying that, Hans thought to himself, "I believe in you, Kathy; you can do it."

Unknown person: Too bad she's no more.

Hans: What?

We then see Kathy walking instead of sitting. Suddenly, the teddy bear in her room bursts with colored gas. When Hans turned again to see the turf house, he noticed pale yellow gas leaking from it. Hans was shocked and worried.

Hans: What was that?

The unknown person didn't respond, only smiled.

Hans: I said, what was that, damn it!

Unknown person: Nothing special, just a toxic gas. Don't worry, she's going to die a painful death.

Upon hearing that, Hans tried to stand but kept collapsing to the ground.

Hans: Damn it, my body isn't responding properly. They must have put something in those bullets. I'm losing my voice too. My whole body is trembling. It's been like this since I got pierced.

Unknown person: Oh my, are you in pain? Such a pity. Don't worry, you'll join her soon. I pray that you both, along with the others, go to heaven.

Just as the unknown person was about to proceed, they suddenly felt a sharp pain in their neck. Before they could react, they collapsed to the ground.

Unknown person: What? How? This is impossible. I won't accept it.

Kathy: Look at you. I took my eyes off you for a moment, and you turned into a helpless child. Well, answer me.

Hans: Thanks. But we don't have time. We need to stop them now.

Kathy: Oh my God, you're bleeding, and what's with your voice? It's so low, I can barely hear you.

Hans: They added a chemical to the bullets. They're different from normal ones, more like little pieces of graphite, but a bit bigger.

Unknown person: How are you still alive? Answer me, damn it!

Kathy: It's simple. I was in Hans' room the whole time.

Unknown person: Then what about the setup you guys did in your room?

Kathy: That was just to deceive you, to make you think I was monitoring the CCTV from there.

Hans: We did everything in front of you on purpose. We made you believe you were winning. But now you see what's really going on.

Kathy: We couldn't trust anything you said or did for us.

Hans: You're all just heartless monsters, even though we treated you like family. Are you that heartless?

Unknown person: We're not, but the environment made us this way.

Kathy: Where's Mr. Svidrigailov? I don't see him patrolling.

Hans: You're right.

Hans turned to the unknown person and asked, "Hey, what did you do to him?"

Unknown person: Don't worry, he's alive, just hallucinating now.

Kathy: What did you say?

Hans: Please, Kathy, calm down. They're down. We'll hand them over to the detectives.

Kathy: Fine.

Unknown person: I don't understand one thing. Why didn't you reveal this to everyone and only keep it to yourselves?

Hans: You're monsters. You have nothing to lose. If we'd told the villagers, who knows, you might have taken us all down with you.

Unknown person: You're really something. So, this is it then.

Hans: That's one possibility. I was more afraid for my life. I don't want to lose anyone else. So we planned to take you down one by one. I was the bait all along.

---