Chapter 43

Charlotte stood outside Engfa's office, her heart racing with a mix of determination and anger. She couldn't shake the hurtful comments she had overheard from Engfa's workers. It was unacceptable for them to speak about her fiancé in such a derogatory manner.

Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door open and walked inside. The atmosphere was tense, with Engfa's workers glancing up from their desks, their conversations abruptly silenced.

"Everyone, can I have your attention, please?" Charlotte's voice was firm, commanding the room. The workers exchanged nervous glances but fell silent, their eyes focused on her.

"I'm here to talk about what I heard earlier today," Charlotte began, her tone unwavering. "I was outside when I overheard some of you making comments about Engfa being 'bossy' and 'strict.' That kind of talk is not just unprofessional; it's disrespectful."

Engfa, who had been sitting at her desk, looked up in surprise, her brows furrowing. "Love, you don't have to do this," she said softly, wanting to protect her from any unnecessary conflict.

"No, I want to do this," Charlotte replied, her gaze unwavering. "Engfa works hard to maintain this company and support all of you. She deserves respect, not petty gossip behind her back."

The workers shifted in their seats, their expressions a mix of guilt and defensiveness. One of them, a man named Alex, spoke up. "We didn't mean any harm, Charlotte. We were just joking around. It's how we cope with stress."

"Joking?" Charlotte challenged, crossing her arms. "Do you think making fun of someone's leadership style is funny? Or is it just a way for you to deflect your own insecurities?"

Engfa felt a swell of pride at Charlotte's strength, but she also worried about how her workers would react to being confronted. She stood up, placing a hand on Charlotte's shoulder. "Really, it's okay. I can handle this. I don't want you to get involved."

Charlotte gently pushed Engfa's hand away, turning to face her. "No, it's not okay. You shouldn't have to handle this alone. I care about you, and I care about the environment you work in. If they don't understand how to treat you with respect, then we need to set things straight."

Another worker, a woman named Lisa, spoke up hesitantly. "We didn't realize it affected you, Boss. We were just venting. We know you work hard, and we appreciate it."

Charlotte nodded, softening her tone slightly. "That's good to hear, but it's important to communicate openly, rather than resorting to backhanded comments. If you have concerns, talk to Engfa directly. She's here to support you."

Engfa looked at Charlotte, touched by her words. "Thank you for standing up for me," she said quietly.

"Always," Charlotte replied, her eyes filled with sincerity. "You're not just my Fiancé; you're someone I admire and respect. I won't let anyone disrespect you."

The tension in the room began to dissipate as the workers started to murmur among themselves. They looked contrite, realizing their words had consequences.

"Let's work on being a more supportive team," Charlotte continued, her voice steady. "And that starts with respecting each other. Engfa is a fantastic leader, and you should all be grateful for her hard work."

"Yeah, we're sorry, Boss," Alex added, nodding. "We didn't mean to hurt you. We'll do better."

Charlotte smiled, feeling the shift in the room. "That's all I ask. Let's move forward together and make this a positive workplace."

Engfa felt a weight lift off her shoulders, relieved that her workers were willing to change. "Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your understanding. We can definitely work together to improve things."

As Charlotte turned to leave, Engfa grabbed her hand, pulling her back for a moment. "I really appreciate you stepping in. You didn't have to do that."

Charlotte shrugged, a playful smile dancing on her lips. "Of course I did. Now, how about we celebrate this small victory with a treat later?"

Engfa chuckled, her heart swelling with affection. "You read my mind."

As Charlotte walked out of the office, Engfa felt more empowered than ever. With Charlotte by her side, she could face anything—even the challenges that came with being a boss. They were a team, both in and out of the office, and together, they would conquer whatever obstacles lay ahead.