Chapter 44

Engfa and Nudee stood in the middle of the bustling car show, surrounded by gleaming vehicles and the excited chatter of fellow car enthusiasts. Engfa's eyes sparkled with excitement as she admired a sleek sports car, but she quickly turned her attention back to Nudee, who was animatedly discussing the latest car models.

"Did you see that new Lamborghini over there?" Nudee exclaimed, her eyes wide with admiration. "It's insane! I can't believe the power it has!"

Engfa laughed, feeling the thrill of being at the show. "I know! It's like a dream come true to see all these cars in one place."

As they wandered through the rows of impressive vehicles, a man approached Engfa with a confident stride. He flashed a charming smile, his eyes sparkling with interest. "Excuse me," he said smoothly, "I just had to come over and say you're beautiful. Can I get your number?"

Engfa raised an eyebrow, her smile fading slightly. "Um, no, thanks," she replied, her voice firm as she took a step back.

Before the man could respond, Engfa quickly pulled out her phone, feeling the need to call Charlotte. The moment she heard Charlotte's voice on the line, she said, "You won't believe what just happened! Some guy just asked for my number!"

"What?!" Charlotte's voice came through the phone, laced with concern. "Are you okay? You need to leave. I'll come and get you."

Engfa felt a thrill at Charlotte's protective tone, but she shook her head, despite knowing Charlotte couldn't see her. "No, I'm fine! I'm just with Nudee. I'll stay close to her, I promise."

"Engfa, I'm serious," Charlotte insisted, her tone rising with urgency. "If you're not comfortable, just come home. I don't want you to feel pressured."

"I really want to stay," Engfa replied, trying to sound convincing. "I'll be right next to Nudee, I swear."

"Fine, but if anything happens, call me back, and I'll come get you. Don't make me worry."

"Okay, I will," Engfa said, ending the call just as she spotted Charlotte entering the venue. She could see the tension in Charlotte's posture, and it made her heart race.

Charlotte scanned the crowd until her eyes landed on Engfa, who was standing close to Nudee. Engfa could see the fire in Charlotte's eyes as she approached, her expression a mix of anger and protectiveness.

As Charlotte got closer, Engfa quickly ducked behind Nudee, trying to hide her smile at Charlotte's fierce demeanor. Nudee shot her a knowing glance but said nothing, knowing how much Engfa adored Charlotte's protectiveness.

"What's going on here?" Charlotte demanded, her voice sharp as she reached them. Engfa could sense the tension radiating from her.

"Nudee and I were just looking at cars," Engfa said innocently, trying to play it cool. But Charlotte wasn't buying it.

"Really? Because it looks like someone was just flirting with you," Charlotte replied, her gaze fixed on the guy who had approached Engfa earlier, who was still lingering nearby, looking a bit sheepish now.

Engfa turned to Nudee, who gave her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Engfa. I'll handle this," Nudee said, stepping slightly in front of Engfa.

Before Engfa could say anything, Charlotte's protective instincts kicked in. "You don't need to handle anything," she snapped, taking a step closer to the guy. "You need to back off. Engfa is with me, and I won't have you bothering her."

Engfa's heart raced as she watched Charlotte confront the guy. "Char, it's really not a big deal—"

"It is a big deal," Charlotte interrupted, her eyes never leaving the man. "You don't just approach someone like that without respecting their space."