Chapter 46

As they lounged on the couch, Engfa continued to munch on her chips, while Charlotte sat beside her, tapping her fingers impatiently on the armrest.

"Engfa, can we please talk about your diet?" Charlotte asked, her tone shifting from playful to serious.

Engfa rolled her eyes, knowing what was coming. "What now?"

"You know how often you've been getting sick lately, right?" Charlotte pressed. "It's because you refuse to eat vegetables! You can't just live on junk food."

Engfa crossed her arms defiantly. "But vegetables taste gross! Why would I want to eat something that makes me gag?"

Charlotte leaned closer, her eyes softening. "Because they're good for you! You need vitamins and nutrients to stay healthy. Look, I care about you, and it's hard to see you feel unwell all the time."

Engfa sighed dramatically. "Okay, okay, I get it! But I'm not eating vegetables unless there's a reward involved."

Charlotte raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "What kind of reward?"

"Here's the deal: I'll eat my veggies, but you have to cuddle with me afterward and give me a kiss for every bite I take. Deal?" Engfa proposed, a cheeky smile spreading across her face.

Charlotte couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head. "That's quite the bargain, but I guess I can agree to that! Just promise me you'll actually eat them and not pretend to."

"I promise! I'll even record it if you want proof," Engfa said playfully.

Charlotte smirked. "Alright, let's do this! But remember, no hiding the veggies under the couch cushions like last time."

Engfa chuckled as she got up to prepare the vegetables. "I wasn't hiding them; I was just... saving them for later."

"Sure you were," Charlotte teased, watching Engfa move around the kitchen. "What are you making, anyway?"

Engfa rummaged through the fridge and pulled out some colorful bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli. "I'll whip up a stir-fry. It won't be the worst thing I've ever eaten."

Charlotte nodded approvingly. "Sounds good! Just make sure to eat a decent amount, or else the cuddles and kisses are off the table."

Engfa groaned playfully as she started chopping the vegetables. "Fine! You drive a hard bargain, you know that?"

Once the stir-fry was ready, Engfa plated it and took a seat at the dining table, eyeing the vibrant veggies with a mix of apprehension and determination. "Here goes nothing," she muttered.

Charlotte sat across from her, a big grin on her face. "You got this, babe! Remember, each bite means cuddles and kisses."

Engfa took a deep breath and picked up her fork, stabbing a piece of broccoli. "Alright, here's the first one." She took a bite, trying to suppress a grimace.

Charlotte clapped her hands excitedly. "Yes! Good job!"

Engfa swallowed and immediately leaned over the table, reaching for Charlotte. "Okay, where's my kiss?"

Charlotte laughed, leaning in to peck her lips. "That's one! Keep going!"

With each bite, Engfa quickly got into the rhythm. She grimaced but followed through, earning kisses from Charlotte in between bites.

"See? It's not so bad, right?" Charlotte encouraged, her eyes sparkling with joy.

Engfa rolled her eyes, but a smile crept onto her face. "Okay, maybe it's not the worst thing ever," she admitted reluctantly, finishing the last piece of carrot. "I did it! Now, where's my reward?"

Charlotte grinned and wrapped her arms around Engfa, pulling her close. "I think I owe you a lot of kisses for that. Ready?"

Engfa laughed, nodding enthusiastically. "Bring it on!"

As they cuddled on the couch, Charlotte showered Engfa with kisses, making her giggle uncontrollably. "You're lucky I love you," Engfa said between laughs, feeling warmth spread through her despite the earlier discomfort.

"And I love you too, even if you're a stubborn vegetable hater," Charlotte replied, holding her tightly.

Engfa nestled into Charlotte's arms, feeling grateful for the support and love, knowing that if it meant a few veggies, it was all worth it for moments like these.