Chapter 55

As Engfa stepped into the office, she felt a sense of relief that her fever had subsided, but her head still throbbed with a dull ache. However, the moment she saw her workers chatting and lounging around, her relief was quickly replaced by irritation.

"Seriously?" she muttered under her breath, her temper rising.

Engfa strode over to the group, her voice stern. "Why are you all sitting around doing nothing? There's work to be done!"

The workers jumped at the sound of her voice, startled. They scrambled to their desks, mumbling apologies. But Engfa's anger didn't fade. She couldn't believe how unprofessional they were, and the stress of everything was starting to weigh on her again.

With her head pounding even more now, she stormed into her office, closing the door a little too hard behind her. As soon as she sat down, the sharp pain in her temples intensified. She winced, rubbing her forehead, knowing that another migraine was hitting her hard.

Unable to bear it any longer, Engfa pulled out her phone and dialed Charlotte's number. The phone rang only twice before Charlotte's concerned voice came through.

"Fa? What's wrong?"

Engfa took a shaky breath, her voice strained. "Char, it's happening again. My head... it's a migraine. I need you..."

Charlotte didn't hesitate. "I'm coming. Stay where you are, I'll be there as fast as I can."

Engfa hung up the phone, a small wave of relief washing over her knowing Charlotte was on her way. She rested her head on her desk, trying to will the pain away, but it only seemed to get worse. Time dragged on as she waited, her vision blurring slightly from the intensity of the migraine.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity but was really only twenty minutes, the door to her office swung open, and Charlotte rushed in, her face full of concern. She quickly made her way over to Engfa, kneeling beside her chair.

"Fa, I'm here," Charlotte said softly, her hand gently brushing against Engfa's cheek. "Let's get you home."

Engfa shook her head, though the movement made her wince. "I can't, there's so much work..."

Charlotte didn't accept that. "Work can wait. You're more important. Let's go."

Engfa hesitated, but the pain was unbearable, and she knew Charlotte was right. With Charlotte's help, she stood up, leaning slightly on her for support. Charlotte's presence alone made her feel a bit calmer, though the migraine still loomed.

As they walked out of the office, Engfa felt the stares of her workers, but she didn't care. She was too exhausted, both physically and mentally, to say anything more. All she wanted was to get home, where Charlotte could take care of her.

Once they were outside, Charlotte guided her to the car and helped her inside. As they drove home, Charlotte's hand rested on Engfa's thigh, offering silent comfort.

"Thank you," Engfa whispered, her eyes closed as she leaned back in the seat. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Charlotte smiled softly, squeezing her hand. "You don't have to worry about that. I'll always be here."

By the time they got home, Engfa's migraine had lessened slightly, though it still lingered. Charlotte helped her into bed, tucking her in and placing a cool cloth on her forehead. She sat beside her, rubbing her back gently until Engfa finally drifted off to sleep.

In that moment, Charlotte realized just how much she cared for Engfa's well-being and how far she would go to ensure she was okay. And as she watched her fiancée sleep peacefully, Charlotte vowed to always be there, through every challenge, to make sure Engfa never had to face anything alone.