6. There For You

"How is it going with that Beomgyu boy?" Yeonjun's dad asks one day. 

"It's going fine."

"Just fine?"

"Dad, this isn't going to happen in a few days. It hasn't even been a full month yet but if it makes you feel better I'm hanging out with him today."

"Good, what are you two doing?"

He shrugged. "Not sure. Anyways I gotta go." He grabbed his keys and left.

They ended up picking the mall.

"You need clothes?" Yeonjun asked as they walked around.

"Yeah, it's going to start getting cold soon and all my jeans have holes in them." They went into one store and there were a lot of cute long sleeve shirts. 

"What about this?" He asked as he held up a white long sleeve shirt that was a v neck.

"I like it." Yeonjun started shopping for himself too. After Beomgyu had grabbed a handful of things he went to try them on while Yeonjun kept shopping.

He got a phone call and he answered.

"Hello?"

"Yeonjun can you come to the fitting room? I don't know if I like this one."

He chuckled. "I'm coming." He walked over and called out to him. One of the doors opened and he stepped out.

Yeonjun hadn't realized he froze up. Beomgyu was wearing black shorts and these black thigh high socks that went up enough to leave a a gap in between the bottom of the shorts and the top of the socks. His shirt was a soft yellow, long sleeve, a little loose on him as it slipped off his shoulder a little.

"I look ridiculous don't I?" He asked and Yeonjun kept staring.

"Um...no." He snapped out of it and cleared his throat. "You look...um...wow."

Beomgyu stepped back a little. "You don't like it..."

"No no no I do!" Oddly enough. "You look really good in these sort of things."

"Really?" He gave him a small smile. "So I should get it?"

"Absolutely."

He grin spread across his face. "Okay!" He went back inside and Yeonjun stood there for a few more seconds before turning and walking away.

"He has nice legs...what the fuck am I saying?" He asked himself. He went back to shopping and he eventually came out.

"Did you find something Yeonjun?" He asked.

"Umm..." he held up some ladies lingerie and Beomgyu laughed.

"I don't think pink is your color. Maybe black, you always wear it."

"Of course, this will be perfect for a dinner date."

"You'll make a great first impression." They laughed together and bought their clothes before leaving. "I need shoes."

"Okay, let's do it." They went to a shoe store and Beomgyu found some converse he liked.

He sat down and a worker came over.

"Need help?" He asked as he knelt down.

"Oh, umm–"

"I insist." He smiled at him but Beomgyu had a bad feeling. He didn't even answer before the guy started taking his shoes off. "You have nice feet." He said as he started rubbing them.

"Hey."

They both looked up and Yeonjun was standing over him. "Fuck off."

The guy stood up and quickly walked away. He shook his head and knelt down in front of him.

"That's not the first time I've seen a weirdo like him in a shoe store." He said as he put his shoes on for him. "Are you alright?" He asked, finally lifting his head to look at him.

Beomgyu's ears turned red as he nodded.

"Good." He stood up. "How do your shoes feel?" He held his hand out and helped Beomgyu to stand up.

He walked around a little. "I like them. What do you think?"

"If you like them I love it. Ready?"

"Mhm."

...

After their afternoon together they went to Yanghwa Bridge to watch the sunset.

Beomgyu glanced at him from the corner of his eye and then looked away.

"Thank you." Beomgyu said and Yeonjun looked at him.

"I didn't do anything."

"But you have." He looked at him. "I don't have a lot of friends. I actually only have two and...it's hard for me to make friends here. People see the way I look and they judge me before they know me. Then they find out who my parents are and they take advantage but you're the first person to just see me. So thank you."

Yeonjun swallowed and looked away from him.

"Don't thank me for that."

"...I'm gay if you haven't noticed."

Yeonjun laughed. "I might have had a small idea but guys can wear girly clothes and be straight." He looked at him. "Being gay, that must be hard in such a conservative country."

"It is. The bullying is always so confusing too because the guys usually call me gross and then hit on me?"

"Sounds like you are so pretty you're making my guys second guess themselves." He laughed and Beomgyu did so too.

"It has been a while since I've had this much fun."

"I'm glad you're having fun cutie."

Beomgyu blushed a little and rested his head on his shoulder as they continued to watch the sunset. The silence was interrupted by Beomgyu's phone this time.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, take it."

Beomgyu walked away and answered his phone.

"Yes mom?...I'm at Yanghwa bridge watching the sunset...why would you say that? No, I'm with a friend...why what's going on who is it?...oh my God!"

Yeonjun looked at him and saw his eyes wide as he covered his mouth. He walked over to him and wiped his tears away, Beomgyu held his hand as he finished up their phone call. 

"What's going on?"

"My...my grandma." He looked up at him. "She's...she's in the hospital."

"Let's go!" They got in his car and Beomgyu told him the hospital.

When they arrived they ran into the emergency room. Beomgyu asked what room she was in and the nurse told him. They walked quickly down the hall and into her room.

Beomgyu froze as he saw her unconscious and laying in bed. His parents were standing by her bedside, his mother in tears while his father comforted her. The beeping of the heart monitor rang through his ears.

He hated hospitals.

"What happened?" Beomgyu's voice barely audible as he walked closer. Yeonjun stayed by the door.

"Stroke." His father answered. "We don't know...if she'll wake up."

"But she has too!" Beomgyu held her hand. "Nana!" He shook her hand slightly. "We were supposed to have a picnic in Jeju, I promised I'd take her. I promise so she has to wake up!"

He slowly sank to his knees and Yeonjun slowly walked closer. His father looked at him and Yeonjun politely bowed as he walked over to Beomgyu. He sat down next to him and Beomgyu clung to him as if he were his oxygen and he cried some more. 

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I love writing Yeongyu ☺️