Chapter Fourteen (Bella)

No! Renesmee cannot be gone. I'm so stupid! I shouldn't have left her, even with Jake. She is his imprint! He supposed to protect her! My life is just taking a turn for the worse. Rose is pregnant, but she may lose her baby, my daughter gets kidnapped by her father, and to top it all off, Renée is coming to visit tomorrow. Could this get any worse? I'm about to scream when the phone rings. I run to it.
"Hello?" I say. "Hi Mom," Comes a voice. It can't be. My Renesmee is a little girl, not this teenager sounding girl. "Renesmee?" I ask. "It's Ness, actually," She says nervously. "Oh sweetie! Where are you? It's awful without you! Do you know how Jake feels? He sleeps in your room so he can smell your scent. Tell me where you are so we can come get you," I say.
By this time everyone is in the kitchen where I'm standing. Everyone can hear what she's saying, so they're just as horrified as me when I hear a word come out of the phone. "No." I'm shocked. "What?" I ask her.
"I like it here with dad and Tanya. They understand me. I don't have to wear those stupid frilly dresses, and I can act how I am instead of pretending. I'm sorry. Can I talk to Jake though? Is he there?" It takes me a moment to find my voice before I say, "Yes. Here." And I hand the phone to Jake. After that, I turn around. Everyone is staring at me, shocked. Without any words to say, I run away.
Out in the woods, I let myself go and run as hard as I can. I have no idea where I'm going and I'm not sure if I care. What have they done to her? That was not my daughter. Not the one I raised.